Free Weed Ad Draws Police Scrutiny

West Valley City police are investigating an advertisement at ksl.com offering free drugs.

Posted Saturday morning under the free section of the television news station KSL's classified ads, the ad lists "free weed (marijuana)."

The text offers free "roaches," or the burnt ends of marijuana cigarettes, that are "all over my back yard," and bags of the drug for purchase: "Ask for me any time day or night." It lists a West Valley City address.

The ad includes a picture of a clear plastic bucket half full of small, tightly wrapped green cylinders. It lists the name "john" and a phone number, but the number is disconnected.

Although the ad may be a joke, police have gotten several calls about it, West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt said. Narcotic officers have a hard copy and are investigating. The address, he said, is for a vacant home.

"It's possibly something that's just a hoax ... but you never know," Merritt said.

Contacted by phone, KSL news staff had no immediate comment. The Web site does warn that the ad has been up for less than 24 hours, and provides a link to report abuse.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Salt Lake Tribune
Author: Lindsay Whitehurst
Copyright: 2009 The Salt Lake Tribune

Just picture ignorant pigs rooting around the neighborhood, spending our tax dollars on something that turned out to be a tease. I guess they don't need real evidence as a rationale to waste time - only fear, uncertainty and doubt (F.U.D.)

:popcorn: That story is funny,because I grew up in west valley and back then I was allways being stopped by the cops for weed.
The funny thing is that,the only time that they busted me for possession was when I had mexican dirt weed on me.
But all the other times they stopped me I had some skunk on me they would put it in their pocket and steal my pipe or papers,then tell me to get my ass home.

Back
Top Bottom