Fresh clones in dwc not lookin that great HELP!

Revshot

im not too sure whats up here boys,

i got some clones last friday i expected them to be fully rooted but they ended up being almost fresh cut, i took them anyway and put them into the dwc system with a feeder tube.

its tuesday now and the majority of the plants have got yellow leaves and they are curling upwards and have little root growth (i would expect more at this stage)
i was expecting more mature clones so i prepped the water solution with aprox 1/10 the nute strength.

i think i may be burning the plants from the nutes but im not too sure. i have a few more plants that dont have any nutes and they seem to be doing much better
help please!

oh and im not sure whats up or if this is normal but all my air lines and shit are covered in a tanish orange slime and so are the rockwool cubes

Hey brother,

I am not much of a ---------- anymore. From the sound of it though it sounds like you have a algae problem.

The problem with algae, apart from the appearance and smell problems it creates, is not so much that it uses up nutrients from the solution, but as it blooms, dies and decomposes, it removes dissolved oxygen from the hydroponic system. This increases the biological oxygen demand (BOD) on the system and the plant's roots may suffocate from a lack of O2. Decomposing algae may also release toxins as it breaks down and provides a food source for plant pathogenic fungi which may then multiply to high levels in the system. Algae on plant root systems can suffocate the roots, making the plants prone to attack by opportunist pathogens such as Pythium.

As far as the rooting goes. If they were fresh cut as you say, then it sounds right for them to exhibit some Interveinal Chlorosis as the roots form. Pics would help a lot.

Hope it helps.

thanks for the quick reply, i will get some pics in a little bit i dont know how light could be getting into the system is the funny part

i have a grow journal ill put the link in my sig

think i found the source of the algea the clear air lines must be allowing light in because its the only place where the slime is
ill post up some pics of the plants to see whats up with them

heres some pics of the really bad ones, there are only 3-4 that look that bad the rest have a leaf or two thats yellow and slightly curved up and tips dried out

i raised the room humidity from 50 to 80, flushed the water out of the system and now there running just strait water. i think the problem was nute burn because the plants in another small container that didnt have nutes have no yellow and i seen 1 or 2 roots comming out the bottom of the basket after 1 week.

all the plants on the table havent even begun to sprout roots yet! and its been a week!
sickclone4.JPG
sickclone2.JPG
sickclone3.JPG
sickclone1.JPG
healthyplant.JPG

im not sure if it was or not, but since the water change its been much better, they are starting to root, the one has 3 commin through the pot that are growin about an inch a day.
its pretty hard to keep the humidity up in that room at night when i cant put out wet towels or spray em down it can get as low as 35%

Back
Top Bottom