Full Stop

Jesterboy

So I had the idea of growing, for myself, and my wife. She's a breast cancer survivor. She made it through.

Last night I learned that my son's friend, the child he hangs out with, the sweet little boy whom I take care of on occasion... he was diagnosed with leukemia.

He's tiny. He's a strange little dude who loves horror movies.

I am, for lack of a better word, gobsmacked.

Why does a 8 year old get cancer? He's my son's age. Why?

I have to be strong for this shit. I love his parents. His mom is from the same generation as me. We like the same music, she smokes weed, and likes the same music. She's my wife's best friend. Her husband, the boy's father, is a bit of a bitch, a bit coiled to tight, but I really like him. We spend a lot of time together. They have us at their camp every summer.

Anyway, I found a steel cabinet for sale on Craigslist for $10. I have to figure out the right strain to grow. It's not for me anymore. It's for Aiden.

He has to start chemo right away. He's so thin already... so weak already. I have to do EVERYTHING I CAN TO HELP.

Please, I don't know what to ask, but I need help with this. I'm starting a GoFundMe campaign for them, being there for them, day or night, regardless of how big or small the task.

I need to find the right strain, and how to give it to him. He doesn't eat now, and I can't imagine how he's going to be on chemo.

Please. I don't need your money. I don't need your donations.

I need the information. Please help me.

I feel like I'm splitting open and spilling out.

I need to know where to flow.

Please help me. It's for Aiden.

You are looking for low level THC & high level CBD strains...look into

Loompa Farms - "AC/DC Bubster"

"Charlottes Web"

"Harlequin"

"Sour Tsunami"

Also, look into CBD oil...if there is anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to PM me or post it up. I feel your pain man, I just dealt with three parents that had cancer, keep your head up man and keep on keepin' on. :peace:

Look into the strain called Charlotte's web
EDIT: I guess buddro beat me to it. :thumb:

Can I grow CBD Nordle? Is this a difficult strain to raise?

how to grow marijuana(doht) khom (slash) top-10-cbd-seeds

Your best place to research seeds and strains is "seed finder" or "leafly".

Seed finder will show you more about the growing process and the typical chemical(cbd and thc) levels. Leafly will show you more of their effects.

Seed finder is definitely the one I would suggest for you. Do some research on high CBD strains, if he's going to be going through chemo he needs strains that will help curve nausea, and help give him an appetite. It may be a good idea to try and get something that can help him sleep too.

A good friend of mine had testicular cancer and he swears up and down that smoking cannabis made his treatment worlds better. He was able to eat, sleep, laugh, and have a normal feeling life.

You're doing a wonderful thing for this boy Jester. I'm a first time grower but I will do whatever I can to help you!

High Jesterboy

The high CBD strains are no harder to grow than any other but may or may not be what works best for something like childhood leukemia.

The good news is that conventional medicine has pretty good survival rates for such cancers. Twenty years ago a good friend's stepson got leukemia and today is a healthy adult. Within a year of diagnosis he was back playing sports and totally normal in every way.

Another thing to consider is the legal implications of giving a child cannabis. No matter how noble your intentions the uptight, anal retentive control freaks that make and enforce societies rules will scream child abuse and demand that poor Aiden be forced into government care for his own safety and we all know how that usually turns out. It's imperative that a sympathetic doctor be found that supports any plans to dose a child with cannabis so that you have someone in authority to mitigate any criticism about the treatment.

In the 4 - 6 months it will take to grow enough pot to make the oil to begin treatment the issue may be resolved one way or another. If the GoFundMe campaign is successful then buying CBD oil would be a lot quicker. There are many companies now selling a good product and great demand for it. Hemp farmers in Canada destroy tonnes of CBD rich oil every year because our ignorant gov't won't allow them to market it along with all the other great products derived from hemp. The oil is a byproduct of hemp production and it's such a shame that it all gets destroyed. Hopefully it will be allowed to be used someday but unfortunately not soon enough to help Aiden.

As a father and grandfather I can totally relate to the fear and pain that all of you are going through and fervently hope that Aiden's path to recovery is swift and as painless as possible. Bone marrow transplants are often a route taken in curing such cancers so get tested and encourage as many people as you can to do the same. It's not a big deal and if not a match for Aiden someone that gets tested may be able to save another child's life. I've donated blood 45 times since 1991 and made sure I got the Donor Tag put on my driver's license last year when I got it renewed. I was the first person in our small town to request it and it took the girl over an hour to make sure it was done right as no one had asked before and I think that's just sad. I like to think that I may have had a positive impact on many peoples lives and also played a small part in saving one or two.

Best of luck in your quest and my best wishes for Aiden's quick recovery.

:peace:

I'm sorry I don't have any links for you because I haven't had experience with anyone who went the cannabis route for treatment of cancer, but I will keep my eyes open.
If you do start a journal when you are growing, we can all help you tons with that.

A kid in my extended family got cancer too. Totally out of the blue-she lived in the healthiest situation I could imagine. I saw her coming from the doctor who had checked her up for back pain and advised her to stretch. She fell over in the street a minute a later and hasn't walked since- had tumors all up and down her spine. We were told -basically she would not live. She went through all that radiation and chemo stuff and had been doing never ending follow up for the last three years - but she is fine and she can probably walk again if she puts in the Olympian effort.
Anyway- I remember all too vividly that horrible time and I really feel for you and your family. Anything we can do to help here we will.

I can't be much help for you, but I will suggest that you check out Doc Buds High Brix kit for easy growing with great results right off the bat. You will need to cook the soil for a month, but in the end the ease it brings to growing will be what you need.

I can't be much help for you, but I will suggest that you check out Doc Buds High Brix kit for easy growing with great results right off the bat. You will need to cook the soil for a month, but in the end the ease it brings to growing will be what you need.

I was also going to recommended DBHB Kit. Just had my first harvest and its a much better product. No messing around to Ph your water and mixing a bunch of products. You can reuse your soil and because your growing in mineralised soil you dont need to flush any fertilizer out of the buds before harvest. Its nice and clean.

Back
Top Bottom