FuzzyGreen's First Autoflower Soil Grow - Big Easy Auto & Sin Tra Bajo

FuzzyGreen

Hello everyone! Here is my first Autoflower grow, and first grow to go this far.

Sin Tra Bajo
3 Gallon round pot
Ace hardware potting soil, 35% perlite, powdered lime
Neptunes harvest fish fertilizer, full strength every other watering
Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, started at quarter strength, now full strength
She had shown pistils 5 weeks ago, with a little over 3 weeks of actual budding
Waterings were done weekly, at most. Large pot size, due to not wanting to transplant an autoflower
Since moving outside, rain has taken care of watering

20130815_163358.jpg
20130822_094746.jpg
20130907_170241.jpg
20130907_170306.jpg
20130903_083823.jpg
20130904_093230.jpg

Now I'm just wondering, how much more is this gal going to fill out? That's where I'm having problems. Its all trichomes, calyxes, and pistils. Not too much plumping up. This is all alarming to me, as this strain is advertised to finish at 70 days with a yield of 35 to 80 grams. I know not to always trust what is shown, but this girl is off a bit.

Re: FuzzyGreen's First Autoflower Soil Grow (Big Easy Auto & Sin Tra Bajo)

I don't know much about autos but it looks like its maturing.......how old is it I know with my regs when my calyx looks like that I'm close to harvesting. Subbed

Sin just passed the 80 day mark, I have noticed that in the last few days she has swollen a bit, but there just doesn't seem to be any explosion of growth. I plan on buying a loupe to look at the trichomes, hopefully I'll have more answers there as well. And I'll have some photos of Big Easy up soon.

mine just started week 6 from breaking the surface today, so, day 36 and is a 70 day strain.

how old is yours from sprout?maybe you could compare and see if yours is on track? i have been posting weekly photos of her.
thats roughly how mine was on week 3 as well i think.( cant really see the whole thing in your photos though)

edit: looked at your pictures again... lots of brown pistils for week 3... any chance she got hit with pollen?

Nibec:

I don't think there was a way she could have been... I went on vacation for a week and she looked like the outdoor photo with all the white hairs in it. When I came home 8 days later she looked like the 3rd pic from the top. (The last few pictures being from the last couple days and earlier today)

Also, the last picture was to show new white hairs growing out of the brown, and some red, pistils areas

I can be wrong but she needs a couple of weeks to be fully ready to harvest, it is however strange that she takes so long to flower, maybe dome unstable genetics and she is not fully autoflowering?

The key to growing autos is minimal stress. I personally find they work better in an environment that is 100% controlled. Say a greenhouse, pollytunnel or indoor grow room.

Allowing the rain to water causes problems with PH, nutes, over or under watering. Also the sun is not always very intense.

Either of those could attribute to your girls slower growth. Healthy looking plant though :)

If I don't see any noticeable new growth in the next few days, ill chop her down and try out my drying box. I built an odor control cardboard dry box. Outtake uses one of the air purifier filters containing active carbon against a pc fan. No air directly hits anything hanging but the air moves nicely. If I find the DIY post on here that I used for the idea ill be sure to give credit.

Back
Top Bottom