G4 Dedicates An Evening Of Programming To '420'

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Comedian Doug Benson Joins as Co-Host to Explore the History, Controversy, Science, Politics and Comedy of the Pop Culture Phenomenon on April 20

For the third year in a row, G4 dares to be the only network to dedicate a night of programming to the popular - and controversial - "420" holiday. Offering an in-depth look at the marijuana-based cultural phenomenon, G4 takes viewers around the globe to experience "420" across different cultures and goes inside political issues relating to legalization. '420,' which was the highest rated show in G4 history last year, begins with a new "Attack of the Show: 420 Special," exploring marijuana culture and trends in Australia.

The special is hosted by Kevin Pereira and comedian Doug Benson and includes reports from Olivia Munn, Alison Haislip and Chris Hardwick from various locations around the world. G4 also brings viewers two "420"-themed films, including the quintessential comedy "Half Baked," starring Dave Chappell, and the world television premiere of Doug Benson's acclaimed documentary "Super High Me." G4's "420" programming event features "Attack of the Show: 420 Special" at 7pm ET/PT, "Half Baked" at 8pm ET/PT and "Super High Me" at 10pm ET/PT on Monday, April 20.

G4's "420" Programming Guide:

"Attack of the Show: 420 Special"
"Attack of the Show" Host Kevin Pereira heads to the "Land Down Under" to delve into Australia's marijuana culture and explore the country's near-legalization of the drug. He speaks with a member of Parliament, Lee Rhiannon, MLC, Parliament of New South Wales, The Greens, a local Marijuana historian, as well as everyday folks around Sydney, to find out what thwarted the legalization, and how America can avoid the same pitfalls. Kevin also visits Nimbin, a small hippie town in the North, that built its image and society around freedom to smoke cannabis after a group of hippies came for a festival in 1973 and never left.

Meanwhile, Comedian Doug Benson and G4 correspondent Alison Haislip travel to the newly built Oaksterdam University, also known as "Cannabis College." The two explore the town of Oaksterdam, California where Benson filmed "Super High Me," join a class at the university to learn about the cultivation of pot and take a pop quiz to test their knowledge of all things Cannabis.

Additionally, Chris Hardwick delivers a segment on the science of THC, which is the primary intoxicant found in marijuana. Chris offers an in-depth look at THC's immediate and long-term affects on the brain.

Back in the US, Kevin is joined by Judge Jim P. Gray, a leading advocate for the legalization of marijuana and author of the book "Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed and What We Can Do About It." Judge Gray discusses how he came to the conclusion that marijuana should be legalized and how the proposed Marijuana Control, Regulation and Education Act could help the state of California bring in billions of dollars in revenue every year.

From Amsterdam, G4 explores the 21st Annual Cannabis Cup, a harvest festival where man and Mother Nature work in harmony to yield some of the best strains of marijuana. Conceived in 1987 by a "High Times" editor, the competition draws thousands of participants from all over the world, vying for the Cannabis Cup trophy!

"Attack of the Show: 420 Special" also features never-before-seen footage from last year's exploration of Jamaica, including field pieces with Olivia Munn, "420" comedy and more.

G4 Movies - "Half Baked"
This hilarious adventure features three lovable party buds as they try to bail their friend out of jail. But just when the guys have a master plan in place, everything comes dangerously close to going up in smoke! The film stars Dave Chappelle, Jim Breuer and Harland Williams with guest appearances by Snoop Dogg, Jon Stewart, Willie Nelson and Tommy Chong.

*World Television Premiere* - "Super High Me"
This highly buzzed about docu-comedy makes its world television premiere on G4. The film features comedian Doug Benson as he explores the legalization of marijuana in California. To get into character, Doug smokes marijuana every day for 30 days and hilarity ensues as viewers witness the impact this has on his everyday life.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: RealityTVWebsite.com
Copyright: 2009 RealityTVWebsite.com
Website: https://realitytvwebsite.com/Realit...UPER-HIGH-ME-And-Popular-Film-HALF-BAKED.html

I'm sad that i dont have it anymore. I backed down from the comcast triple play to the regular 2-78 channels and G4 is the one i miss the most.

Back
Top Bottom