Gavita 1000pro help

vangs

i live in the states and i want to purchase a gavita 1000w. i was reading that the powercord is 240v.. im confused as to what that means exactly.. will i be able to plug it into a wall outlet? or does the metal prongs look diffrent??

Re: Gavita 1000pro help.

i live in the states and i want to purchase a gavita 1000w. i was reading that the powercord is 240v.. im confused as to what that means exactly.. will i be able to plug it into a wall outlet? or does the metal prongs look diffrent??

You should check out some of our sponsor's websites, there are a few that have some great deals on ballasts. I'm not an electrician but I believe a 240v had different plugs and the wiring may be a little different too, Im sure someone with electrical knowledge may be able to tune in and help.

Most outlets in a US home are 120 volt. The few in your house that are 240v are the ones for your electric only(no gas) clothes dryer, electric range/oven, and some older homes that did not originally have central air conditioning had 1 or 2 outlets in the home near windows for a 240v air conditioner. There are a few different types of outlets for 240v. If you don't already have a 240v outlet nearby, you will have to have a new wire ran to the load center and hooked up to a properly sized 240v circuit breaker.

heattr16.gif

This is the difference basically (looks wise). Vertical vs horizontal prong inputs.

240v will allow for less electricity usage, specifically it will reduce the amps (the amount of power needed to turn something on).

You will need an electrician to set this up for you, or I would recommend it, you could attempt to DIY but if you're not familiar with electric work, I'd get the electrician.

cant i just buy like a converter that i can plug into the wall and then plug the gavita power cord into the converter??
heattr16.gif

This is the difference basically (looks wise). Vertical vs horizontal prong inputs.

240v will allow for less electricity usage, specifically it will reduce the amps (the amount of power needed to turn something on).

You will need an electrician to set this up for you, or I would recommend it, you could attempt to DIY but if you're not familiar with electric work, I'd get the electrician.

damn, well i cant have electricians knocking down walls or putting holes threw the walls to run wires from the basement electrical board up to my room. soo i guess im gunna have to order a regular 1000w system. thnks for the help guys!

Back
Top Bottom