Gazolenes - 450W Chinese LED - Easyriders - Soil - 12/12

Gday bud, how's the plants doing after you moved em to the new compost?

Wow that chempak is potent I'd say even 800ppm is slightly to high for the stage your plants are at, but the main thing is how did they react to the trace elements?

12/12 from seed hmm interesting all I can imagine is super small bonsai weed plants lol I did the same with a 3day old clone barely started its roots now its a beauty I'll snap a pic of it for ya.

:Namaste:

Hi mate. The plants seem to have responded well to the chempak. One of them has made a full recovery and is looking good and the other is well on the way to recovery. I watered the chempak down to 800 ppm<

Will be re-potting these either this weekend or next depending on if I have time.

My large plant is showing signs of potassium deficiency now, so I will be picking up some juice for it today. All in all I think things are getting back on track. I will be taking some photos later today when the lights come on.

I Really appreciate your help. Sorry I haven't returned the favor on your ongoing journal, I'm away from home 5 days a week and there is not enough hours in a weekend to get everything done!

I have been reading a few other journals and documents about LED grows and i'm starting to think I gave them too much light too soon.

the 12/12 grow is good for a production line system when i start a plant off every couple of weeks, but after these ones are all done I will be using a veging period rather than a permanent 12/12

Regards

Gaz

IMG_20150307_221605.jpg

Hey gaz glad to hear the seedlings are doing better from the pics you managed to repot which is awesome from the looks of the mix its got the potential to get waterlogged, go slow with watering I'm sure your on top of it. I'm using a 40% perlite 60% soil and its working great, allows the roots to breath which is very important also helps prevent root rot.

It's clear though that your plants are looking healthy :goodjob:

I noticed you said in a earlier post about your water being 5.9 to 6.3 that's a little low for potassium intake aim for 6.5 and try to only lower the ph or increase if it goes past 6.5 pour it away and start again I've heard nothing but bad things about using the ups and downs together.

Don't panic about my current journal the grow is going great i just don't update anymore lol although I have recently done a update.

Never tried led and probably never will, Ive read there better for 3weeks+ old plants but you can't beat a decent 600w mh/hps combo much more efficient.

Here is my bonsai plants there in a 7cm sq pot, when I potted em they where just showing roots and where 2inchs tall

DSC_02177.JPG
DSC_021516.JPG

Now 6 weeks later there about a foot tall I reckon I'll get about an 1/4 maximum couple grams at the very least I'll be happy either way cause these where just gonna be binned.

DSC_06168.JPG
DSC_06187.JPG
DSC_061712.JPG

Imagine 50 of these little things :Namaste:

Hey dude,

I agree with you that the soil is a bit heavy, but the problem I have is this.. I work away for up to a week at a time ,so I need soil that can retain water really well!

I'll boost the ph level of the feed to 6.5 the next time i feed them. I am now using Tomorite to flower the plants. Its not ideal but its better than nothing.

I've started a white rhino feminised seed, its a couple of days old now. Will get a pic shortly... looks healthy.

Well done on the clones. They looks very healthy. I got about 15-20 grams from most of my seeds done 12/12.

Thanks for checking back Hortus :D

I've lost track of days. Here is the latest update.

The twins have both recovered from the earlier problems, and look very healthy. However, notice just how different to one another they look. Same type of seeds, same growing conditions, so why do they look so different?! I'm really happy with the way they have responded to the HPS, Chempak and Tomorite.

IMG_20150313_170740.jpg

IMG_20150313_170715.jpg

The baby white rhino is looking good. She is in the kitchen steamer that i use as an incubator. There are a couple of failed/failing cuttings in there too.

IMG_20150313_170743.jpg

IMG_20150313_170720.jpg

The plant I haven't mentioned too much is affectionately named "The Runt". She struggled to break through the soil when she germinated and has been growing very slowly ever since. She is probably 12 weeks old. If I have time later I might work out her exact age. Has anyone else experienced such slow growing plants? I don't know if she will ever flower fully, but I'm going to continue growing her.
IMG_20150313_170737.jpg

IMG_20150313_170733.jpg

Gday gaz hope all is well with you,

I see your point on the watering front if your gonna be away for a week then it will probs helps. I've only ever used nutes designed for growing so far I've used atami b'cuzz range with great success and a added bonus is there cheap nutes that pack a punch, now I've moved on to bio bizz range slightly more money still yet to complete a grow so can't recommend them yet but so far so good :)

Awesome congrats on the seedlings I've recently sprouted 4 lemon juice express autos literally just the other day

DSC_06392.JPG

15 to 20g isn't to bad considering its 12/12 from seed you should definitely go for a veg period next run even if it's only 2weeks you'd triple your yeild if not more :ganjamon:

The twins do look a lot better, although from the looks of it the smaller one does look different maybe try flush the compost with ph'd water. Hard to say what the problem is but that should help.

Hahaha love the steamer idea I just use plastic bags quick and easy with no cleaning afterwards.

The baby rhino is looking smart :goodjob:

Also those clones of yours look like they've taken just gotta be patient (easier said than done) on the nursery I work at I see it all the time when we take cuttings and don't remove enough vegetation before planting, the plant then has 3 option take and grow with no problems, straight up die or they deliberately absorb and shed leaves to give them a better chance survive enough to get some roots out. Might be worth trimming all the leaves off and leave the top to promote new growth.

Here's one I did 6 days back

DSC_06415.JPG

I've also experienced a plant thats reluctant to grow its my one and only clone of the ice cream I grew, she's a proper runt similar age to your runt and probs the same size and full of problems but under a 600w mh was thinking I might chuck it in the greenhouse and leave it be.

Thanks mate, I think the Clones are dead or very nearly dead. I'm in Salisbury until Friday so will check when I get home.

The "clones" were an after thought really, I snipped some lower branches from the runt and decided to plant them and see what happened. If they root then its a bonus, if not then Ive not really lost anything!

As long as the White Rhino and twins keep growing well then I'm happy!

Morning mate,

Clones eh you win some and you loose some... Mine also bit the bullet I reckon it was down to over watering and not using the incubator my mistake so not bothered. Taken another 8 clones that look super healthy there brewing away in the incubator as I type ;)

I tell you what your seedlings are looking alot better than mine out of the four that sprouted only one is looking healthy I'm not holding my breath on them but as long as one takes it'll cover the cost.

Take it easy brother :volcano-smiley:

The Clones did not root at all so I threw them out. My baby white Rhino is doing well so far. Just re potted her at the tender age of 21 days.

IMG_20150323_001638.jpg

Good luck with the clones you have taken Hortus, I'm sure you will have more luck with them than I did. Shame to hear about your seedlings struggling... I will pass by your journal shortly to check for pics. Maybe we can put our heads together and figure out why?

regards

Gaz

I starting reading your journal because of the LED light, did you get the new drivers for it? Are you going to try running it again?

Hi Cruizer, I decided to cut my losses with the LED. It cost me £100 and the drivers would have been another £100-150
If thinking of buying an LED I would go with one of the recognized names "Platinum LED", "Budmaster" etc.

I will probably use the LED for veging if I find space for a seperate grow area.

regards

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom