Germination Help

EhCanadianGuy

Im germinating seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours after that i intend to plant them in soil inside. Should i put the seeds in soil and put under a light or store in a dark space until it sprouts which would have a better chance of sprouting?

I've never tryed the cup of water method seems strange...

Even tho seeds do require to soak up some 200% to 300% of its own weight in water before germination ! which can be achieved effectively with moist soil/rockwool cube/jiffy pellet or other choice off growing/sprouting medium etc etc.

I prefer leaving seeds under a CFL light to provide an ambient heat source this does encourage faster germinatin time & provides essential light for when it does sprout its first dicotyledon leafs aka baby leafs... The reason i like CFL for germination is the average temperaures they create & prevents premature stretching if unchecked in a dark enviroment !

Best success ratio of germination is an ambient temperature of 25c / 77f which should remain pretty constant intill sprout shows, once sprouted a suitable light regime should begin E.G 18/6 or what ever you favour at present...

just to give a heads up i added about 1 cup of water to 3 cups for each strain 3 seeds in each cup and let them sit for 24 hours in the dark, not only did i get 100% germination but also 100% of my seeds sprouted. One weird thing though was i have one seed its an auto blue mystic by nirvana which actually sprouted two seedlings in the soil. One seed two sprouts has this happened to anyone befor

just to give a heads up i added about 1 cup of water to 3 cups for each strain 3 seeds in each cup and let them sit for 24 hours in the dark, not only did i get 100% germination but also 100% of my seeds sprouted. One weird thing though was i have one seed its an auto blue mystic by nirvana which actually sprouted two seedlings in the soil. One seed two sprouts has this happened to anyone befor

not me ... that is wild. I would love to see a pic

I have heard of this but almost every time I hear of it one of 4 things seem to be the culprit:

1) You by accident while planting double seeded. it happens and often it is obvious as another seed never sprouts you realize damn I must of doubled one up....:cheesygrinsmiley:

2) Your grow medium is a soil based grow and your seeing something that transported in with the dirt and has grown and sprouted due to the care your giving it. The only way to know is to let the 'true leaves' grow and see if it has MJ ltraits as it grows since most sprouts all have the same look when first emerging out of the ground.:oops:

3) Your seedling somehow was too shallow and the root ran sideways a bit allowing for a second sprout to pop out of the root which means even though you see two sprouts it is one plant essentially sharing one root system.:peace:

4) You have the ghost twin which certain strains claim can occur. I have never personally come across this and competing root systems for two plants is never a good thing. Hybridization of strains often can create this phenom. Theories state it could be a different strain from the seed you bought as in a portion of the mixed strains displaying different phenotypes and everything, could be a runt to the other plant with weaker genes which will just never be as robust and strong, ....the oddest thing is the ghost twin can end up the opposite sex of its twin so keep an eye on everything and let us know which scenario is yours....:nomo:

Would love to see pics! :goodluck:

As the seedling has developed, i have noticed that both are cannabis seedlings, and i transplanted them to separate cups and they have separate root systems, the only thing is one seems to be growing a little slower then the other which is kinda normal, and just to let you know i had 7 seeds and got 8 seedlings :) so it wasnt an extra seed without noticing so it is 2 plants from 1 seed.

As the seedling has developed, i have noticed that both are cannabis seedlings, and i transplanted them to separate cups and they have separate root systems, the only thing is one seems to be growing a little slower then the other which is kinda normal, and just to let you know i had 7 seeds and got 8 seedlings :) so it wasnt an extra seed without noticing so it is 2 plants from 1 seed.

That is WILD! If you are into making seeds I would try with the twins! ... just for grins to see if you could breed twins

Back
Top Bottom