Getting Impatient!

StonyGeoff

Ok here's the deal: I'm getting impatient with my current grow. It's been just over 5 months of growing and I'm nearing the end of the budding cycle. I don't see any extra weight being added to this harvest, and if so, it'll take another month or 2 to get there because current growth rate is so slow. I know that 1 contributing factor is my current medium (straight potting mix) does not drain well, nor does it allow air to get trapped because it's so dense. I have clones waiting to be picked up for my next scrog grow and I really wanna get them started.

I plan to use a mixture of potting mix, perlite, styrofoam pellets and worm castings as the medium for my next grow. Perhaps a mix of gravel with a bit of sand just for the bottom for stability and weight.

My question is, can I speed up maturity on my current grow by extending the dark cycle from 12 hours to 13 or 14 hours? Will this force the trichomes to turn cloudy/amber faster than if I left the settings on 12/12? I want to harvest my top buds first, trim the plant, then allow all the bottom buds, which aren't developed as much as the top buds, to mature and harvest.

This isn't me getting anxious about wanting to smoke my current grow lol, I just want to speed things up so I can get started on my next grow, which I foresee being a lot more efficient now that I have my grow box and a few better ideas on how to grow in general :)

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Cheers
:peace:

gravel and sand for stability and weight?

What the heck is that all about? Stability and weight? They both will sink to the bottom and weigh the container down but that's about all they will do. Forget the styrofoam pellets as well. The perlite will do just fine by itself. That's one reason I use fox farms ocean forest soil. Never need to add anything. It's great all by itself.
I don't understand your desire to speed up one grow just to get to another going. All your going to do is hurt your yield and possibly destroy your crop by trying to hurry things.

GeezUs, No !!!

There are thangs you can do,
colder dark cycle for more trichs
water more or less to speed the change
But , why?

If you want faster, get faster genes :cheesygrinsmiley:
Haha this is what this forum is all about. I dunno what I'd do without you guys (aww) meh I'm over it now. Last night when I started this thread I'd been smoking a lot of hash :ganjamon: so there's my excuse :laughtwo:

What the heck is that all about? Stability and weight? They both will sink to the bottom and weigh the container down but that's about all they will do. Forget the styrofoam pellets as well. The perlite will do just fine by itself. That's one reason I use fox farms ocean forest soil. Never need to add anything. It's great all by itself.
I don't understand your desire to speed up one grow just to get to another going. All your going to do is hurt your yield and possibly destroy your crop by trying to hurry things.
Cool bananas man, that's 1 less thing to buy :) And since I won't be using styrofoam pellets then I won't really need to bother with gravel and/or sand for the bottom of the pot.

Ye-haa grandma, there's goes dad on the yamaha,
hit a kid, did a skid, burned his balls on the petrol lid

Peace
:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom