True or False?

Wilky

I have a couple of strains growing that are possibly a week to 10 days from Harvest.
Pistils are curling and thining out but dont seem to be changing colour, although I’m colour blind so hard to see.
I have read that by reducing light cycle from 12/12 to 11/13 can speed up bud maturity.
I’m being patient but wondered if this would give me a few days nearer to harvest?
Strain are Lemon Haze and Lemon Amnesia Autos.
Had on 18/6 for 2 months before flip to 12/12.
Been on that cycle for 8-9 weeks.
Appreciate your thoughts x

I say Autos as thats what said on packet. They were no where near looking like starting to bloom, just growing and growing. Until I flipped to 12/12. Within days bud sites started appearing.
I had this before with so called Autos. Had to super crop as grew beyond 5ft tall!
Ended up bending stems at 90°
They were above the lamp!

If they actually photos (as it sounds), I think it speeds up the process a little as the plant thinks Winter is coming on faster with the shorter days, but not sure anything scientific has been tried to prove such. Personally I usually Flower in 11/13 or a 10/14 depending on if I'm having any temperature issues (either side of that as I grow out in my shed, so sometimes I want the extra heat and some times of the year I don't).

If they actually photos (as it sounds), I think it speeds up the process a little as the plant thinks Winter is coming on faster with the shorter days, but not sure anything scientific has been tried to prove such. Personally I usually Flower in 11/13 or a 10/14 depending on if I'm having any temperature issues (either side of that as I grow out in my shed, so sometimes I want the extra heat and some times of the year I don't).
I grow in a tent, inside a shed.
Got temp pretty much constant and humidity under control.
Switched to LED lamps last year as much easier to control.
Worth cutting daylight hours down by an hour or not, in your opinion?

Few pics forgot to add.
054F85EC-FBE5-44AF-865B-A42729BA7B12.jpeg
FCF9F5A6-B227-47BB-AD5E-5251C0C31B0F.jpeg
D72CE040-BB49-4C48-BA6B-A8AB1A6F8F8D.jpeg
DF4202F9-0768-4D59-B308-3454654B15FD.jpeg

I run my flowering room on 11:13 lighting. I tend to think of it as a sativa thing. Where strains come from equatorial countries without a lot of seasonal fluctuation in the daylight hours. So 11:13 helps them finish more decisively rather than dithering around shooting out new pistils week after a week. At the time I started the 11:13 thing I was growing some 16 week flowering strains and they seemed to be very indecisive about ever finishing.

Worth a try. Its possible it might help Indica strains finish too though. I tend to think of 10:14 and less as a bit of a yield killer.
I don’t think there’s any free lunch. Less light generally means less growth but I could be wrong.

I run my flowering room on 11:13 lighting. I tend to think of it as a sativa thing. Where strains come from equatorial countries without a lot of seasonal fluctuation in the daylight hours. So 11:13 helps them finish more decisively rather than dithering around shooting out new pistils week after a week. At the time I started the 11:13 thing I was growing some 16 week flowering strains and they seemed to be very indecisive about ever finishing.

Worth a try. Its possible it might help Indica strains finish too though. I tend to think of 10:14 and less as a bit of a yield killer.
I don’t think there’s any free lunch. Less light generally means less growth but I could be wrong.
I’m gonna experiment and cut light by an hour.
If it doesn’t hurt at least I’ll save a bit on electric.
Too much time on hands and have nothing to smoke

I would say you have at least a week left judging by the pistils. You want to start looking at trics once new pistils stop forming. It seems you still have quite a few fresh ones.
Natural light pictures are helpful, and you might purchase a jewelers loupe so you can see the trics clearer.

I would say you have at least a week left judging by the pistils. You want to start looking at trics once new pistils stop forming. It seem you still have quite a few fresh ones.
Natural light pictures are helpful, and you might purchase a jewelers loupe so you can see the trics clearer.
Yeah have one. There’s 4 plants in there, 2 are a couple weeks behind. Will take some natural light snaps tomorrow.
Thanx for advice bro.
Take care

I usually run 11.75 hours of light during bloom. On telling maturity with color blindness: immature trichs are transparent, near mature are translucent, and over ripe are opaque(almost). You want the bud between your eye and the light source. If you can see your finger through the trich when you move it between bud and light, it's transparent. If you can just see the shadow, it's translucent, and if you barely can see movement, opaque.

I’ve wondered if providing an extra hour in darkness was beneficial in full bloom.
...so it’s a thing?

I grow in a tent, inside a shed.
Got temp pretty much constant and humidity under control.
Switched to LED lamps last year as much easier to control.
Worth cutting daylight hours down by an hour or not, in your opinion?

Give it a try, like I said I run either 11/13 or 10/14 anymore. Only difference I have noticed is they seem to make the transition to Flower a day or two faster (but I rarely grow the same Strain twice in a row, so not a lot to go on there as it does vary by Strain some).

I think DJ short runs 11/13, something about more genetic expression. Here is a old 420 discussion but if you Google DJ short 11/13 a lot of info comes up. Cant link it unfortunately

I think DJ short runs 11/13, something about more genetic expression. Here is a old 420 discussion but if you Google DJ short 11/13 a lot of info comes up. Cant link it unfortunately

Thanks. I’ll look for it

Back
Top Bottom