Plants trying to re-veg themselves

nothernbud

Hey everyone I have a couple crop king auto flowers so I’m told. Anyways they are in the flowering stage, one was prolly a week or so from being done and the other a few weeks and now all the sudden they are trying reveg themselves. I’ve switch to 12/12 light cycle but any help would be appreciated

pictures? How can an auto almost done in flower, revert back to veg? I want to see a picture explaining why you think this is happening.

Attachments

• FBAD2C34-BCE8-4B6B-B8E0-6162A85AEA3A.jpeg
    FBAD2C34-BCE8-4B6B-B8E0-6162A85AEA3A.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 56
They have seemed to really slow down and the one seems to have stopped at huge white pistols and they both have giant green leaves and shoots coming out of the buds. I will take new pictures later where you can really see what it’s doing

this is called back building... and it is how your buds are going to double in size. I will wait to see your next picture, but I really don't see anything out of the ordinary and I would recommend putting your iight schedule back where you had it so your auto can take advantage of the extra light.
Hopefully this is more helpful as too what I’m trying to explain, also some of my leaves are turning colour on me

Attachments

• 3E3B4ED1-B006-4814-A3E2-F9022D935048.jpeg
    3E3B4ED1-B006-4814-A3E2-F9022D935048.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 86B3F742-9C92-41FB-95BC-846CBD1C8C39.jpeg
    86B3F742-9C92-41FB-95BC-846CBD1C8C39.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 8B73C896-39E4-4E64-87AA-F459370AE5CD.jpeg
    8B73C896-39E4-4E64-87AA-F459370AE5CD.jpeg
    705.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 2F22AB47-C2A5-469D-85B5-979739B42D60.jpeg
    2F22AB47-C2A5-469D-85B5-979739B42D60.jpeg
    618.4 KB · Views: 53
I’m using miracle grow bloom and miracle grow soil for this first grow.as for the ph I have no idea. I’m not sure my tester is overly accurate

It's a wierd situation, we discussed it a few days ago

Says it's autos in a basement with no full dark area

Did change to 12/12 a month ago, then back to 18/6 I think

I'm thinking they aren't autos

But if they are, very strange indeed

ah.... occam's razor... we now have a strong suspicion that this odd expression at the top of the plant is pH related rather than a bizarre switch to veg in mid stream. Despite some of the things you read, for most of us, adjusting the pH is a necessary part of this growing thing. A pH way out of the range can cause all sorts of odd things to happen... even duck leaves.

They were doing so well and growing strong up until this issue appeared near the finish line. Guess I’ll see what I can do for checking the ph since I can’t just go buy a tester. Has anyone tried dissolving soil into distilled water and checking it with test strips?

this is called back building... and it is how your buds are going to double in size. I will wait to see your next picture, but I really don't see anything out of the ordinary and I would recommend putting your iight schedule back where you had it so your auto can take advantage of the extra light.
Great comment and I think shes right. With Miracle Grow soil , Well if its the kind with the small poly coated fertilizer beads in it then it can seem to keep vegging during the flower stage as it gives the plant too much nitrogen. This is what happened to me when I tested it. Nearly ruined the whole grow. But your plants look way better than mine so I'm thinking you don't have that stuff but rather the organic mix , Which is much better. Cut off all the dead and yellowing stuff & it might trigger a nice growth response, But again Emilya is right, Your on track, With maybe slight issues.

They were doing so well and growing strong up until this issue appeared near the finish line. Guess I’ll see what I can do for checking the ph since I can’t just go buy a tester. Has anyone tried dissolving soil into distilled water and checking it with test strips?
yes it is done all the time... but knowing the base pH of your soil is not going to tell you anything. Use your test strips to get as close to 6.3 as you can on every fluid that hits your soil, and I bet things will be wildly better than what you have going on now. Now that you are in mid to late flower, the nutritional needs and the range that those particular elements are mobile, has changed. It is not odd at all to see a problem like this occur all of a sudden and out of the blue. Also, you just think your plant looks ok and you weren't having problems up until now, but you talked earlier about all the problems you have been having, and the slow or stopped growth.... check your assumptions, one of them may be wrong.

My fertilizer has 10 nitro in it, all I could find at th store was a bottle of hydroponic bloom and micro nutes that work in soil

yes it is done all the time... but knowing the base pH of your soil is not going to tell you anything. Use your test strips to get as close to 6.3 as you can on every fluid that hits your soil, and I bet things will be wildly better than what you have going on now. Now that you are in mid to late flower, the nutritional needs and the range that those particular elements are mobile, has changed. It is not odd at all to see a problem like this occur all of a sudden and out of the blue. Also, you just think your plant looks ok and you weren't having problems up until now, but you talked earlier about all the problems you have been having, and the slow or stopped growth.... check your assumptions, one of them may be wrong.
So you want me to test my tap water before I water my plants? Would that be with fertilizer in it or just plain water ?

after this grow is over I would like you to investigate living organic soil. Give it good water and you dont even have to adjust the pH or give it nutrients, and it will grow some of the best pot around. You have cut some serious corners on this grow, and that duckfoot leaf is the result. :) These are hardy weeds though, and she will finish out for you... but you could have done a whole lot better. If you can adjust your pH on every watering from here on out, she will be fine. Live and learn. Next grow is going to be a lot better!

So you want me to test my tap water before I water my plants? Would that be with fertilizer in it or just plain water ?
both... any fluid that hits your soil should be pH adjusted to 6.3. Typically plain water will need to be adjusted down a bit, and when you add nutes it drives the mix to the acidic side (probably what freaked out your plant) and you will need to adjust it up. Since we are going on the cheap... vinegar makes a decent pH down, and pickling lime is a very strong pH up.

after this grow is over I would like you to investigate living organic soil. Give it good water and you dont even have to adjust the pH or give it nutrients, and it will grow some of the best pot around. You have cut some serious corners on this grow, and that duckfoot leaf is the result. :) These are hardy weeds though, and she will finish out for you... but you could have done a whole lot better. If you can adjust your pH on every watering from here on out, she will be fine. Live and learn. Next grow is going to be a lot better!
Jesus I just tested tap water and it’s roughly 7.8 ph

Back
Top Bottom