GH Flora, House & Garden or Remo: nutrient advice?

I'm currently growing in Pro mix hp with Flora series, cal mag and Ro ( I like promix hp and will stick with that and might possible move over to coco one day)
Next grow was gonna add armor si (silica) and maybe some koolbloom boosters for shits and giggles.

My bro in cali uses house and garden line and lives by it, says hell never use anything else even tho its expensive as fuck. But I mean from what ive read, their as good as it gets.

Remo is another line I've heard good things about, not as good as house and garden as it seems fairly fresh but it did just win an award for best nute line at a growshow in Vancouver.

I know canna good, one of the dudes from house and garden owns it or started it or something to that effect.

I guess those are the only ones im considering. Just looking for some input.
Cheers

I'm currently growing in Pro mix hp with Flora series, cal mag and Ro ( I like promix hp and will stick with that and might possible move over to coco one day)
Next grow was gonna add armor si (silica) and maybe some koolbloom boosters for shits and giggles.

My bro in cali uses house and garden line and lives by it, says hell never use anything else even tho its expensive as fuck. But I mean from what ive read, their as good as it gets.

Remo is another line I've heard good things about, not as good as house and garden as it seems fairly fresh but it did just win an award for best nute line at a growshow in Vancouver.

I know canna good, one of the dudes from house and garden owns it or started it or something to that effect.

I guess those are the only ones im considering. Just looking for some input.
Cheers

I use the GH Flora Trio and supplements to harvest 15.5oz from a 2' x 4' tent. I had the KoolBloom, both liquid and dry, Floralicious, Rapid Start, and Armor Si for that grow. I was mixing 18l every two to three days in flower, got tired of all the bottles, and switched to Mega Crop. It's a one part dry nutrient formulation, good from seed to harvest. Just mix and pour. They say a batch last from "weeks to months" when mixed. It also costs less than just the Flora Bloom I was using for a grow.

I use the GH Flora Trio and supplements to harvest 15.5oz from a 2' x 4' tent. I had the KoolBloom, both liquid and dry, Floralicious, Rapid Start, and Armor Si for that grow. I was mixing 18l every two to three days in flower, got tired of all the bottles, and switched to Mega Crop. It's a one part dry nutrient formulation, good from seed to harvest. Just mix and pour. They say a batch last from "weeks to months" when mixed. It also costs less than just the Flora Bloom I was using for a grow.
Thanks for chippin in. What was your yeild compared to flora after switching to the other line?

Thanks for chippin in. What was your yeild compared to flora after switching to the other line?
The numbers are not in yet, as they got the chop a few days ago. It is less, as I need to learn how to use the product. I over-estimated the amount needed, and got a nitrogen excess.

With Mega Crop we need to use the color of the leaves to gauge whether an increase (or decrease) in the strength of the nutrient solution is needed. The manufacturer Greenleaf Nutrients has recently updated their website to reflect this approach:

"How to Dial In Feeding For Optimal Results
The Feeding Calculator is used as a general starting point for finding the right amount of nutrients to use. Depending on your setup, you may benefit from using more, or less than the suggestion. After running MEGA CROP for a few weeks you can begin to “dial-in” your feeding program, ie: modify it to achieve maximum harvest/results and have the healthiest plants!

Step 1 – Dialing In Nitrogen levels through MEGA CROP dosage by monitor your plants coloring:
  • Pay close attention to the green coloring of your plants leaves. Nitrogen levels in MEGA CROP are strongly related to how green your plants leaves will appear
  • If your plant leaves are light green or yellow, then increase your dosage of MEGA CROP to boost Nitrogen levels and increase green color
  • If your plant leaves are too dark green and/or have burned tips, then scale back your MEGA CROP dosage to reduce the nitrogen.
  • Your goal is to have the plants coloring to be a strong healthy green without burning, and you control this by increasing or decreasing the MEGA CROP dosage. If you are a new grower and not sure what color your plants should be at, browse the internet for pictures of healthy plants of your same type. You should make dosage changes for the first time in small amounts, for example changes of 10-20% increase or decrease only, and then waiting 2-3 weeks to monitor plant response after each change. Since the plant has to take time to uptake nutrients and process them, it may take 2-3 weeks to notice the results of the changes you made."

Step 2, is the final step and deals with adding P and K boosters during flower, which most, including the manufacturer claim is not needed. The supplements they have available were meant for the original version of Mega Crop. They are compatible, and a very few growers are pushing the limits adding them. This has usually ended up with dramaticly poor results.

Back
Top Bottom