Girl or boy?

yellowsunday

First post! hows it goin
I\'m not quite sure it is, i just want the satisfaction of someone telling me i have a beautiful baby girl.
its about 4 weeks old, quite small due to a transfer i had to perform because of bugs..
also i\'m wondering if it\'s hungry yet? should i give it(her!!) something to eat?
originally started in the garden, which is great soil; to a pot with normal potting mix + potash mix.
20151026_062214.jpg
20151026_061908.jpg

cheers guys!

still a bit early to tell, but I don't see any boy parts yet, and they usually show up first. be patient, hope for pistils.

damn i thought i saw one poking though, i'm hoping!
thanks for the reply. She might show this afternoon i'll keep you posted.

not sure what that white thing is... if it is actually two wispy strands, it might be a pistil... but they usually come out in a V and there are usually 2 of them.

neither,i am hoping it is, my eyes are bloody useless so i needed help haha
how do i go about feeding the plant? is it too early, should i wait another week or two?
cheers mate

soil feeds the plant. don't think of nutrients as feed and you wont over feed. think of nutrients as vitamins, given when a plant is healthy and under big lights and good air and can handle a little extra boost. you probably don't need to feed, other than transplanting successively into larger containers of fresh soil every time your plant outgrows its current container.

Hey Sunday,

I don't see anything that would indicate either way. At 4 wks she is probably still young if it's a photo strain, if it's an auto that's a different story. I would say you should look for preflowers around week 6-8, than she is ready to be flipped over.

As far as feeding, that depends on your grow style. At 4 weeks I've usually given my soil a couple compost teas, and my little microbe friends help keep my lady happy. I would say a little feeding wouldn't hurt, just keep it super lite and see what she tells you. I know how hard it can be to be patient, but if you take your time, and give her some TLC she won't let you down.

Hey Sunday,

I don't see anything that would indicate either way. At 4 wks she is probably still young if it's a photo strain, if it's an auto that's a different story. I would say you should look for preflowers around week 6-8, than she is ready to be flipped over.

As far as feeding, that depends on your grow style. At 4 weeks I've usually given my soil a couple compost teas, and my little microbe friends help keep my lady happy. I would say a little feeding wouldn't hurt, just keep it super lite and see what she tells you. I know how hard it can be to be patient, but if you take your time, and give her some TLC she won't let you down.

thanks a lot for the reply,
I don't know the strain name and i'm growing it organically, i'm looking forward to seeing the hairs! i will be keeping this tread updated for sure,
okay no worries that's pretty much what i've done anyway a very lite feed, thank you for your advice kind sir!

Oh NICE! High-five for fellow organic grower! Are you doing an organic nutrient line, or teas?

I definitely think patience is the hardest part to get right, you just want the best for them, and I still freak out wondering if I could be doing better. It's once you stop trying to learn, and improve that you stopped caring.

Oh NICE! High-five for fellow organic grower! Are you doing an organic nutrient line, or teas?

I definitely think patience is the hardest part to get right, you just want the best for them, and I still freak out wondering if I could be doing better. It's once you stop trying to learn, and improve that you stopped caring.

oh yeah!
i'm pretty novice mate, to be honest this is my first proper grow, ive been using home made compost and organic manure mixes, i basically use scraps from the kitchen that contain key nutrients, egg shells, potash, vege scraps(compost)/chicken manure.
getting my hands on some worm casting tea from someone close by who sells it in bulk, see how it goes!
thanks for the advice mate ill still check it everyday though!

oh yeah!
i'm pretty novice mate, to be honest this is my first proper grow, ive been using home made compost and organic manure mixes, i basically use scraps from the kitchen that contain key nutrients, egg shells, potash, vege scraps(compost)/chicken manure.
getting my hands on some worm casting tea from someone close by who sells it in bulk, see how it goes!
thanks for the advice mate ill still check it everyday though!

Sounds good, keep after it.

There are people who WISH their first grow went like yours (myself included.). I love organic growing. Have you thought of brewing any compost tea yourself? All you need is a big jug and some air pumps with airstones to keep that water aerated. Some worm casting and homemade compost tea would be a nice little drink. Yeah, check her as much as you want, I still peek in on my lady multiple times a day!

IMAG0272_1_1.jpg

Just for reference, what the orange arrows are pointing at is what you're looking for. Not that swollen, but with those hairs coming out.

There are people who WISH their first grow went like yours (myself included.). I love organic growing. Have you thought of brewing any compost tea yourself? All you need is a big jug and some air pumps with airstones to keep that water aerated. Some worm casting and homemade compost tea would be a nice little drink. Yeah, check her as much as you want, I still peek in on my lady multiple times a day!

IMAG0272_1_1.jpg

Just for reference, what the orange arrows are pointing at is what you're looking for. Not that swollen, but with those hairs coming out.

cheers man, still waiting. She's goin good though, ill upload a photo this arvo.
will definitly look into making my own tea as well thank you

20151028_182501.jpg
20151028_182514.jpg

She's looking lovely besides the 4th fan leaf i accidentally snipped while topping, haha, she'll be right.

still no indication of sex on my plant but the all around health is superb. the photos arent too good because they were taken at night, when SHE shows the sex ill post more!

Back
Top Bottom