Giving back- DIY advice for grow room construction.

hell you could make a frame the size of the door and then wrap black plastic around it. if you make it a little tight you can just wedge it in the opening.pending on how jury rigged you want to make it or how much cabbage you got:) but the prehung door is the easiest and probably the cheepest when you figure labor in

Here is a shot in the dark
001930.JPG

I can't resist to show off the other side of the wall
002955.JPG

These are the ones I got
Amazon: ZipWall HDAZ2 Heavy Duty Zipper Kit, 2-Pack
It comes with a cutter, but panda is too thick for it.
They have REALLY STICKY adhesive so take your time applying to the plastic then I just ran up with scissors.

You made your door for less then $5 because you already had the stuff but if you didnt have the plywood already it would of been much more. Probably close to $50. A sheet of 1/2" plywood cost $20, set of hinges $5, door frame material (3- 1x4x8's $10 each). Right there is $55.. So if you dont have the stuff laying around already, making one is more expensive and more time consuming.

Its great that you built your own door with scrap you had laying around but a pre-hung door install for someone who has never even hung a door before is enough of a hassle to properly install, let alone make one.

You should start getting your plywood elsewhere! $8 for 1/2", and leftovers in the pile go for less than that if you can find one big enough. The 1x1x8 are $1.29. Check out some recycle centers too, Habitat for Humanity Restores are in many cities, and have used materials very cheap.

I am building my first closet grow. It is 2'-6"x5'-0"x8'-0". I have it divided into a 5'-6" tall lower section for flowering and a 2'-6" tall upper section for vegging. I'm going with 42Watt CFLs. (10 "Daylight" ones in the veg section, and 21 "soft white" ones in the flowering section). My problem is heat. I'm up in the high 90s. I drilled four 4" holes and installed dryer vents to the closet doors. Then I installed two fans, one in each back corner, on the ceiling to get the hot air out. Now I'm looking at installing a 14000BTU portable air conditioner. There is a sliding window 5 feet from the closet. I am planning on rigging something with flexible duct, from where the cool air comes out of the air conditioner to a "y" and then into my two growing sections. Is this going to burn up the portable air conditioner though? It is supposed to be "commercial grade", its a "NewAir AC-14100E 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner". So.. any suggestions on how to rig it up would be great. Thanks.

Is this your own home apartment etc. How stealthy do you need to be? I visions of the robot from lost in space breaking into you closet. Are your bulbs 42watt actual or equivalent. I have 12-23watt actual (100watt equivalent) running in a 3'X5'x4' space with one small fan for fresh air and I'm at 71. Unless the room outside the closet is huge that AC unit could freeze the closet. I think it would be simpler to just cool the room and have air flow in and out of the closet. Where does the air go after it goes up through the ceiling? You don't want humid air in an attic. What about the smell I love the smell of bud and so does LEO. If you just pump cold air from the AC Its thermostat will not know when to shut off.

Start here How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
As far as I know SOG=SCROG, but it isn't my current method, so I might be wrong there. Find several SOG journals with lots of replies in the Completed Journals and read them. them go to the Journals in Progress and find one that is similar to what you want and follow it. Be warned reading journals can be addicting and allot of time and effort goes into them. You can ask questions and after all that reading you should have a good start. Be ready to answer questions like the size of your grow area, how stealthy does it have to be ETC. welcome to the community
:welcome:

I have a 8ft deepx10ft wide 8ft tall room, and a 600 watt phantom. I need to make a room in a room. Can this be without drywall and plywood? Id like to just use 2x4 or 2x3 for frame and have it screwed in the wall and use foamular with mylar on it. How can this be done?

Hey 420 friends. I am starting this thread to help out with your grow room construction questions. Framing? drywall? Hanging a door? etc. Let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I will give you my best ideas, solutions, and advice. We can figure out your list of supplies, plans, and the best way to meet your goals.

I have gained so much knowledge from this site, I want to give back by teaching what I know. Ask your construction questions here and we will have you growing in no time!

Are you still offering advice on set ups?

Back
Top Bottom