My first DIY stealth cabinet

FirstTimer420

Hello everybody, hope the holidays are going well. This is my first post on these forums, but I've been lurking for awhile reading everything I can pertaining to indoor personal cultivation. I've decided that I want something small not to fancy but efficient in producing a bountiful harvest. For me a small stealth cabinet built into the current entertainment center we are using will do just fine. In the end it will have two separate rooms, one for the little guys on 20/4 light cycle using Cfls and the other for flowering using a mix of cfl and hps on 12/12 cycle. I'm asking the help of this extremely knowledgeable community to lead me in the best direction, I'll be sharing everything I do with pictures and step by step construction of this cabinet. I'll be starting full construction in about a week so, for now I'm just looking for input and suggestions. I'll be posting some pictures with detailed dimensions either tonight or first thing Christmas morning. Untill then, stay happy and be free. Happy holidays.

:welcome: to 420 Mag the greatest MMJ community on the Web!!! Sounds good bro. Some more info would help us help you. What are the dimensions on your entertainment center? What size HPS you thinking about running? What's your goal as far as yield?

:welcome: to 420 Mag the greatest MMJ community on the Web!!! Sounds good bro. Some more info would help us help you. What are the dimensions on your entertainment center? What size HPS you thinking about running? What's your goal as far as yield?

Hey bud Thanks for the warm welcome and thank you for posting I really do appreciate it. Heres a little more information on this build.

Dimmensions:

Vegetation Room - 20 1/2'' D x 19'' W x 32'' H

Flowering Chamber - 20 1/2'' D x 33 1/2'' W x 44'' H

Pictures of Each:

Vegetation Room-

IMG_0426.png

IMG_0427.png

Flowering Chamber -

IMG_0433.png

IMG_0434.png

The Entire Entertainment Stand -

IMG_0435.png

The Drawer under the Flowering Chamber is going to be removed, The Entire thing will be light tight when Im done so the missing section in the back will be covered and the little holes will either be covered or used for fans/vents. Lighting will be hung.

Lighting plans:

Vegetation chamber - 6-8 CFL cluster with DIY Aluminum hood, going to be made from disposable tin pans. Set to 20/4 Light cycle or would 18/6 be better for this setup?

Flowering Chamber: 250w HPS above and Maybe a few cfls on the sides. 12/12 light cycle.

Because of the width of the Flowering Chamber I was thinking I might have to go with two 150's to achieve better penetration and coverage, but the heat they will produce is gonna be pretty problematic. What would you suggeest?

As far as yield, For my first grow Im not expecting much if anything just kind of a test run, to see how this setup will work, once Its functional Im just hoping for an ounce or two every 2-3 months to help me and my room mates out. The Reason I decided to Grow my own is im getting older and dealing with unreliable sometimes shady people just to get some medicine and not to mention the amount of loot I spend for "Schwag". I want quality and to know what im putting in my system. This seemed like the Best solution to my problem. =]

Im planning on having 2-3 Plants Flowering, 1 Mother for clones and about 4 clones vegetating. Maybe some seedlings if I do multiple strains.

My first strain Ill be attempting a full grow with will be Northern Lights, I choose this strain because It seems like a good seed to begin with, it seems a little more forgiving then some of the others and the size is suppose to be a little smaller than some of the outdoor strains.

Any suggestions would be welcomed as far as strains are concerned Im not dead set on Northern lights so if you know one thats better suited for my needs please just let me know.

Well this concludes this update/Info sesh, Thanks for taking the time to reap please feel free to comment and leave suggestions Im constantly trying to learn so anything you can teach me would be much obliged. Merry Christmas Everyone, Stay Cool.

Ok cool my man just make sure you have adequate ventilation for your hps the 250 will do just fine in that space and the veg side you have planned out sounds good too. I've never really grew out northern lights but I'm sure you will be fine growing it out as a first time but me personally I practiced on bagseed for the first 3 grows so I didn't waste any good seeds but as long you pay close attention to what she needs they'll be fine. I suggest lining the walls of both spaces with mylar or black and white poly or even painting flat white for more reflection. I suggest you do 2liter hempys that would maximize your space and throw clones straight into flowering with little to no veg and you'll def. Meet your goal or you make it perpetual and harvest 2 or 3 of the 2liter hempys every 2 or 3 weeks so you will constantly have meds. Check out some of the guy's around here there's a bunch of journals on 2liter hempy perpetual runs lots and lots of great info check out 420fied and twelve12 and there's a bunch more brother but right now I can't think to good being sick I feel like crap happy holidays

And as far the veg light schedule I personally run 18 on 6 off but I'm about to try the gas lantern routine because I saw some results and it looked promising and it saves money on electric but I run mh just search around a little do some research on gas lantern routine and the 2liter hempys and see if thats something your interested in if not we can come up with something :thumb:

I like the 2 liter hempy idea using the sog method would maximize yield given the space. How would I start the seedlings? Sense I'm starting from seed until I get a nice mother. Can't really find much info on starting from seed with hempy pots. My plans are to cover both areas with Mylar to maximize my lighting.

One thing I'm unsure of is my cfl lighting system I'll be using for veg, I want to use 42 watt. 6500ks and maybe a few soft lights I was think 6-8 on a y adapters on a power strip with a homemade hood. Would 1 soft white to every 3 daylights be optimal?

Hope to hear something soon thanks budd

DIY veg CFL reflector

That seems like a nice tutorial. I couldn't find the one I used a year or so ago to build one out of pvc although i did find another one (below) thats close to the one I made but it doesn't appear that he followed all of the steps and I used the same pipe as the one in the link above for a hood. But mine is basically 1 1/4" pvc and some black rubber light sockets from Lowes fit perfect in 1 1/4" pvc tees then wire them together and wire it to a lamp cord you can find everything at lowes for it. 1 1/4" pvc L's, 1 1/4" pvc tees, 1 1/4" pvc, and some lamp wiring I think it's called romex you might have to do some research on it or just talk to someone at lowes tell them your rewiring a light to a different location in your house and what wire to use. Then find a lamp cord that has the plug in. Take your measurments and fit it together. Wire one light to the lamp cord and daisy chain them all together but cut little pieces of pvc pipe and fit the tees together and run the wire thru them don't tape them like the link below. And make a hood for it I just made a frame out of 1x2 and ziptied the pvc fixture to it and took the stove pipe like the hood in the link above and screwed to the wood mine is flat though i didn't make a curve in it. It works great for me. Any help just post it on here Im subbed to your thread I'll be around brother Good Luck

Pics of 10 Lamp PVC CFL Light Fixture

And as far as starting seeds in hempy I personally start seeds in the little rockwool starter cubes and if you want mothers I used 3 liters for mine or something bigger than a two liter maybe a gallon or two gallon buckets for mothers you may have to get creative and find something that's good for your space. You can start them in the rockwool right in the hempy just bury the cube until only the top is showing and it should be fine.

Oh yea almost forgot yea 1 soft white to every 3 daylights is fine it gives a mixed spectrum thats how I did mine too :thumb: great minds think alike lol

Back
Top Bottom