For all the stealth micro grow box growers

Thanks ak.. Wait until i put the trim work on it.. Unless you actually hear the fan or smell anything you will swear its just another cabinet.lol.. put a lot of thought into it and used ideas from the great people here but still just half way there.. Im so paranoid about ordering seeds but the time has come.. I figure if i order tomorrow i should have everything setup and ready to go when they get here. Guess im going with bonza.. hopefully no door busting over seeds.. Ak wait till you see my light fixture i made.. I need to build a reflector but its going to do the job quite well even without one i think

As promised here is the light fixture i made.. Finished wiring.. Will light up the world.. The bulb holders csn be adjusted to any angle so ill be adjusting them once i hang the light in the box.. Let me know what you think
IMG_20151116_131648_034.jpg

Oh just curious.. I know ill need a ph meter.. But will i also need a tds meter? And also anything else other than nutes, temp & humidity guage, ph up/down.. Btw placed an order today.. Hope my little friends make it

I tried using a soil pH meter, but it read 7.0 no matter what I did. Instead, I picked up the liquid and test tube style testing kit. Much more accurate results. I was still within proper pH range, but at least the test results could not revert to "center". Old School sometimes works the best.

Yeah i ended up going with a digital water ph tester.. Will test as recommended eatlier in this thread.... Mix nutes in water test ph.. adjust ph.. Test ro.. Will also test water and ro every time just to keep an eye on things.. Oh.. Do i need any cal/mag or safe to start without it?

Potting soil bought off the shelf (I also add sand and/or vermiculite) has enough nutes to carry your seedlings or clones for at least a month, until you transplant. At that point sprinkle the myco over the roots according to the directions on the package, then put the transplant in the hole and tamp down firmly, but don't crush the roots.

For vegging nutes, choose one that has added trace elements. You can add magnesium with 2 Tablespoons of Epsom salts (in the first aid aisle at the grocery store) to a gallon of water. I always add two tablespoons of brown sugar to that mixture, as well. Some people say to use unsulfured molasses, if you can get it at your grocery store. otherwise, brown sugar will do. The other trace minerals should be in your garden-quality liquid nutes. Just be sure and dilute them to HALF of the recommended mix. If there is calcium in your water (does it leave white deposits on your fixtures?) then you don't need to worry about added Calcium.

Main thing is DON'T OVERFEED, or you will KILL your babies!

Maybe more info than you meed, but one topic leads to the next. It's all part of the feeding schedule you set up for them.

Might sound dumb but what is myco?

It is short for mycorrhizae, a beneficial fungus. It forms a symbiotic relationship with your plants' roots.

It is short for mycorrhizae, a beneficial fungus. It forms a symbiotic relationship with your plants' roots.

it comes in a black pouch and is sold at grocery-clothing-household stores (one-stop-shopping). It's not that expensive and really increases the size of the rootball, once the myco attch to the roots. You want it to say guaranteed live on the package. A pouch will lat you a long time, because the scoop you use is about a tablespoon in size. You don't need a lot to innoculate each transplant.

Ok thanks guys.. But i was going to pickup a bag of promix that already has it in it as well.. My fan/filter and controller came in today.. I have to give Ventech props on the filter.. 7.25" outside diameter 4" inside diameter.. All in all filter looked great. Hope it does its job.. Fan isnt the best but should work ok for my setup.. Will probably end up mounting it vertically in the box.... Only thing im waiting on is nutes(decided to go with bio bizz) , ph meter and of course my little buddies... Lol.. All except the last should be here by monday

Ok thanks guys.. But i was going to pickup a bag of promix that already has it in it as well.. My fan/filter and controller came in today.. I have to give Ventech props on the filter.. 7.25" outside diameter 4" inside diameter.. All in all filter looked great. Hope it does its job.. Fan isnt the best but should work ok for my setup.. Will probably end up mounting it vertically in the box.... Only thing im waiting on is nutes(decided to go with bio bizz) , ph meter and of course my little buddies... Lol.. All except the last should be here by monday

Here's wishing you all the luck in the world! Keep us informed of your progress, maybe start a journal on the journal forum. Oh, ad a link in your siggy to the forum will help a whole lot. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom