Giving up my right to grow?

themusikstops

Alright, so, hi, I'm new! And I just moved to Denver, working on getting all of my paperwork in and stuff.

My room mate wants to be my 'caregiver', as well as the caregiver for a few of our other friends. From what I understand, in order for that to happen, I just have to list him as my primary on my forms?

Is he still allowed to be a caregiver if he's a patient?

Will listing him as my caregiver mean that I'm no longer allowed to grow 6 plants. but that he's growing them for me?

Will the fact that we'd be growing on the same property be a problem?

Will the fact that our other room mates aren't patients be a problem? I don't really see it as being one, but what if the cops show up at the house and myself or my caregiver aren't home? I just don't want my friends to get in trouble for my medicine!

I'm sorry if these questions seem stupid. I saw them kind of touched in other threads, but not really directly answered, and I'm really clueless as to this whole thing works... being new and all! I just want to stay legal and out of trouble, so any advice for new patients/caregivers would be awesome!
:thanks:

Yes, you guys are asking for trouble going about it that way... You are asking to be made an example of. If you are in Denver you may want to check out the laws. I think Denver only allows 12 plants to be grown per residence 6 veg 6 flower. It is a new zoning law, that they will be using to go after bigger residential grows. When you start combining patients,caregivers, and non med card holders in a grow you are asking for trouble... Don't be made an example of like highlands Chris who i still think is sitting in jail... It is better to be safe then sorry, so look at the laws and make an educated decision... :peace:

So if he removed the non medical roommates? or replaced them with Med card roomies, how much would that help his situation..

I ask because I am looking for a room to rent in Denver, and I plan to grow my 6. So somewhat in same situation as the OP.

blah, I'm glad I asked. I just want my medicine and I can't really afford it, which is why I want to grow. But if it's going to get us in trouble, I would rather just.. I don't know. Find a really nice caregiver with cheap prices, ahaha.

I keep looking it up online, but for some reason I just can't find any of the Denver-specific rules and regulations. I should probably go see an attorney, like my roomies suggest, but once again. Money is a huge issue.

I'm not. I'll join when I get paid, though.

Thank you. I really have no idea where to even start looking for information. I asked my doctor when he wrote the recommendation (which, by the way, I was NOT expecting. I didn't ask for a MMJ recommendation!), but he seemed just as clueless as I am!

I just want to follow the rules and keep myself and my friends out of trouble, especially since they're kind of iffy about me even having my medicine in the house.

*Colorado has a new "caregiver" form. You can designate yourself AND somebody else to provide for you.
*Thing is it means you can only grow 3 plants and them 3 plants.... the flowering / growth part I am not sure on.

You can also designate somebody to be full caregiver where you do give up ALL rights to grow your own, but can still carry 2 ounces w/o fear of STATE prosecution (if you are following all amendment 20 rules)

They are still working state regulations to work with Amendment 20 but at the moment you can grow for yourself and be caregiver to 5 MMJ card patients. So 6x6 = 36 plants. 18 in veg 18 in flower without having to get a state lisence. Keep an eye out on the laws this may change.

Denver itself and a few other cities are debating the "warehouse" grow situation in residential areas.
Something along the lines of no more than 12 plants in a home no matter how many people live in the house w/ MMJ cards..

Tho it should not have happened, Highlands Chris was/is being made an example of because he had over 99 plants. 99 is the Federal threshold for big big penalties/ fines/ prison time.

99 or less state legal plants = possible federal trouble
100+ state legal plants = possible HUGE federal trouble.

:peace:
WillyB

Back
Top Bottom