GMO X Sunset Sherbet (2nd Grow)

trichome mike

STRAIN: GMO X Sunset Sherbet
TYPE: Photoperiod Indica 85/15 Sativa
LIGHTS: 4 GE 4ft. Fluorescent t5 tubes for indoor vegetation.
LIGHT SCHEDULE: 18hrs. on 6hrs. off until flip to flowering then 12/12hrs. like normal
WATER: Private home well corrected to a ph between 5.5-6.5 usually try to split in the middle at 6.0
MEDIUM/SOIL: Self washed coco coir and perlite 50/50 mix. Never trust prewashed coco.
POTS: Biodegradable seedling tray transplanted to 6" plastic pots. or 1.4 qaurts by volume and then 7 gallon fabric pots to finish in
METERS: PH/EC/PPM with GH's PH UP and Down for PH adjustment readings
FAN: 1 small ocilating fan
USED MILK JUGS: For mixing nutes in 1 gallon jug.
ASSORTED LIQUID MEASUREMENT DEVICES AND APPARATUSES:
GREENHOUSE: Cheap hooohouse/hothouse tent
10x7x7ft.
WEED FABRIC BARRIER:
3 LARGE PALLETS
TIMER ALARM FOR LIGHTS: Cellphone

2nd grow ever on my own. On a budget so decided to roll with gmoxsunset sherbet bag seeds. Can't finish indoors and didn't have proper lights to successfully pull it off. Took my 4ft. Fluorescent t5 tubes and set up 4 of them to veg out indoors until weather warms up abd i can put them in a greenhouse. The smell when budding won't be welcome where i stay.

I germinated 8 seeds between 2 plates using paper towels dampened in bottled water after soaking 30 min. in a cup of purified bottled water and a splash of hydroxgen peroxide with 6 ending up planted 36 hrs. later in a seedling tray.

9 day's later transplanted into 1 1/4 quart 6" pots. I used a 50/50 coco coir and perlite mixture after washing coco coir
before using. Once fully transplanted i hit them with a watering/feeding. Using General Hydroponics Floraseries 3 part nutrients and GH cal-mag. The first feeding i followed suggested amount per said growth stage resulting in nutrient burn. I caught it early enough and flushed plants. Then after letting sit and dry out some i cut nutrients in half from recommended dosage of 1/4 teaspoon per gallon to 1/8 the amount.i also use recommended 1 teaspoon of cal-mag per gallon.

Recommended ph levels of 5.5-6.5 and ppm/ec levels need adjustment as growth stage advances. Usually every 3rd feeding the salt levels near late veg and budding levels. If so i flush in advance then wait until next feeding/watering in order to let the plant do it's part eating leftover nutes some with the light flush lowering levels as well. Then i hit it with it's proper nutes at watering/feeding time. Seems to be flourishing with growth now. My only complaint is without stretching the plant by raising lights i would like to start seeing more vertical growth.

After measuring plants they are all 9-12" tall with nuce thick stems. In the beginning weeks i had some dampening off. Not sure if it was from deficiency or just genetics but it filled itself in. Weather is cooperating now at nights so i can start putting them in greenhouse in next day or so. When i do i will be transplanting them into 7 gallon fabric pots to finish the griw in. Hopefully i will see some vertical growth with bigger pots.

A bit late on starting a journal. This picture is beginning of 4th week not counting 36 hour germination from seed. First time using General Hydroponics Floraseries 3 part nutes and like the rookie i am i followed bottles instructions not realizing it runs hot with cannabis. Caught it early and flushed with ph correct water of 6.0 ph. Let the coco dry down some and reapplied nutes at half recommended dosage of 1/4 teaspoon to 1/8 teaspoon for 3 weeks. At 4th week i upped nutes to 1/4 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon GH cal-mag with every gallon of nutes mixed.

20240509_195121.jpg

20240509_195147.jpg

The 2nd photo is start of 5th week. Have found that they are feeding well if keeping ppm/ec/ph all at correct levels for suggested growth stage. I meter every waterings runoff to keep track. If salts start getting close to suggested levels and breaking them i give regular ph correct water and the following watering after with nutes again but usually next morning after the plant has eaten some of remaining nutes. The when i test runoff were in the money spot as far as meter readings on salt levels and ph.

Back
Top Bottom