Gnats in coco?

If you are talking fungal gnats, I used SM90 with good success when I grew in Hempys. The larvae feed on the roots which have been drenched with the SM90, it stops them from feeding and they starve, And use the sticky strips to get the flying adults. I lost an entire grow to them little bastards before I learned how to control them.

You can also use: Mosquito Dunks is Bacillus thuringi- ensis subspecies israelensis. (B.t.i.). Crumble one up add to water and flush the pots, it works on the larvae.

Anyone have problems with these annoying pests in coco?
I do not use coco coir but I have talked to people who do use the material and many of them do have some problems with Fungus Gnats showing up. Not all the time, just like those growing in soil do not always have the problem. There have been threads on this message board where some coco users also mention the Gnats showing up.

Methods of getting rid of the problem seem to be universal. Some methods could be easier or faster in coco than in soil and some soil methods might not work as well or as fast in coco.

Do you have the problem? If so, what have you tried so far.

Back
Top Bottom