Going from grow to bloom

TennRiver

420 Member
I'm a 1st timer and getting a little antsy about going to bloom cycle. I have 2 w/w plants I put on the dwc on2/25. They are now about 28 inches tall and 36 inches in diameter. Seem to be doing fine for less than 6 weeks on the bubbler. I problem is I'm running out of room height wise. Should I stay in veg for a couple more weeks and screen it down or go into bloom mode. Thirsty gals drinking almost a gallon a day. Wish I could drink that much water

They will double in size when you go to bloom. I have a Durban poison that went from a foot tall in veg to over 4 1/2 feet tall.
I have some white widows growing in my journal and you can see the change.
I would start pulling (lst) the stems down. I use pipe cleaners, insulated wire ect to hold them down. It will be a bushy girl.
Good luck growing

I would flip immediately if height restrictions are going to be a problem. Things grow fast in DWC, especially when things are dialed-in. Your girls could double, or easily triple in size depending on strain/genetics. A scrog (screen) will also help you spread out your tops and help to even out the canopy as the lower shoots/tops begin to catch up. There is no wrong way to train your plants. Dont just limit yourself to one style of "training" your plants. Sometimes using a combination of styles can sometimes get you the best results. Re: topping, fim'ing, LST, super-cropping, mainlining (and all variations of mainline), sog, scrog, and the list goes on and on and on. You can start by either just tying down tallest tops by bending them over to one side, and as the others catch, pull them tops down next into other areas to create a fuller, and more even canopy. Then flip as soon as possible, or let them grow to fill about a third of your space and then flip to fill up your space. Then add your scrog layer, or layers to add additional support to girls while still spreading out limbs, and creating a nice even canopy. Also keep in mind you want to keep some good air flow through and around the branches of your tops, and eventually, buds. Lolipop. Clean her under the skirt area to keep fresh air flowing easily, and to keep the chance of getting any molds/mildews growing or hiding in any areas with poor airflow.
You've made it this far, im sure you'll be fine. Keep em Green.
Sparks

My system is to put the screens on my plants after I carry them into the flowering room. I've been doing it that way a few years. Here is a link to an example of how I do that and if you scroll down a few posts you'll see how the plant looked the next day.
The Hexapus's Garden

Back
Top Bottom