Going from Veg to Flowering?

sourd

Have a question, it's my first time grow, just started the 12/12, was doing some reading about the bulbs. I've used MH for Veg, changed to HPS for flower.

But, I read where you should flush the Veg nutrients first and keep the MH bulb in for the first two weeks of 12/12 flowering in order to cut back on the stretch.
Looking for advice

:thanks:

Have a question, it's my first time grow, just started the 12/12, was doing some reading about the bulbs. I've used MH for Veg, changed to HPS for flower.

But, I read where you should flush the Veg nutrients first and keep the MH bulb in for the first two weeks of 12/12 flowering in order to cut back on the stretch.
Looking for advice

:thanks:

As for the first 2 weeks of flowering using a MH, i think you will find that you will still get some form of stretch once you finally go over to the HPS bulb, if you thinking of stunting the growth you may as will keep the plant in a small pot to control root growth - this may effect total yield tho.

Their maybe other methods aviable for keeping plants short & i'll leave that to some more experienced growers to shed light on the matter if they so choose. :peace:

If ya growing in a recirculating system e.g some sort of grow set up with reservoir flushing is essential every 7 to 10 days to prevent nutrient lock as plants use up nutrients through their growth cycle & need to be replaced to keep a happy plant :morenutes:

Yes i do believe poeple flush veg nutrientss out before going into flowering nutrients, you might discover a minor nitrogen deficencie once change has been made.
This is due to a different value of NPK between veg & flowering nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom