Going to the hydro store for the first time...

Just found out there is a hydro store around the corner from me. I'm heading over this afternoon.

If someone starts talking to you about what your growing what do you say? What plants would require a similar nutrient plan as MJ? Should I say I'm growing tomotato's indoors because I don't want ecoli or whatever has been going around this past year on lettuce, tomotato's etc.

I don't want to say one plant and buy nutes that have nothing to do with cultivating that plant.

My first trip to an actual hydro store, kind of excited to tell the truth. :)

Thanks guys.

I was ike a kid in a candy store. It was pretty cool seeing all this stuff on the shelves. Picked up some B.seaweed, liquid karma, sweet and other misc stuff. Nice to know I have a store around the corner in case of an emergency.

I felt the same the first visit to a hydro store. I ended up talking to the guy for like an hour and ended up with a 5% discount. Didnt even talk about what i was growing. I think he knew though.haha

they know but they can't say anything to let on in the states if the store is in say cali and you are too you should be fine

any where else don't ask don't tell pschyco feds state lines crossing etc if its a hydro store ask what are other folks using for their gardens a general store indoor tomatoes beware the patriot act shit

My first time at a hydro store, I was looking at the lights and a worker came up and asked if i needed anything. I said I had 14 tomato plants that needed to flower and I was unsure on the lights I should use but i wanted to look at a few 400watt high pressure sodium bulbs. The guy smiles and laughs and shows me lights, and then directs me to the nutes and shows me the bloom blaster. Just then 2 guys come in asking for rock wool cubes and I started to giggle. I had to go into the hydro store ripped out of my gourd though

My first visit to a store was very bad,i asked for a grow book and was asked to leave the store "NOW".That was back in 1982.
Now,the place i go to you don't need to ask.He knows what you need and is very helpful.
Never say what you are doing,just research and go get what you need, less talk is a good thing with what we do.

Thanks guys.

I was like a kid in a candy store. It was pretty cool seeing all this stuff on the shelves. Nice to know I have a store around the corner in case of an emergency.

I feel ya there!

The first time I went to a hydro store I had nooooo idea what I was looking at or what I was doing. LOL! Then I came to 420 mag. and soaked up every little piece of info I could. Today I went back to the store, and it was a whole different experience. I knew what everything in the store was. "Thanks 420 Mag!"

Back in '88 or '89, when I first started getting interested in growing (not that I grew anything) I would call places like Hydro Farm and Gen. Hydro to be placed on a mailing list or to get catalogs. I also would go to a shop about 30 miles from me. There too, I had them place me on their mailing list. This particular grow shop (Santa Cruz, CA) which is no longer in business sold how to grow pot books in the front case. Anyway, after spending time getting educated and visiting the one store, the DEA decides to raid horticulture grow shops and confiscate their files and records. Turns out this was a nation wide sting with the shop in Santa Cruz being targetted. It made me think about things. Now days it is pretty easy to talk to your local hydro guy/gal. I am from the bay area and I was up in Arcata(Humboldt). I walked into a grow shop to kill some time. Sign posted on the door stating "any discussion about illegal activity, you will be asked to leave." I ended up talking to with the guy working for about an hour. I got all my questions answered without ever mentioning the wrong words. I am sure he knows what I am talking about but it is better not to say.

the first time i went to a hydro store about 3 weeks ago, it looked like a office! i mean they had a receptionist!lol
i went to the back where all the products were && the guy at the shop was cool!he was in his mid 20's and even recommended some products because he uses them...lol.. idk what other reason ppl would use fox farms ocean forest.. haha

all around had a great talk.. its nice havin a cool person thats able to answer all your questions from noob to pro

hi guys, alot of the guys that work in grow shops and hydro stores are pretty cool, u'd be surprised what they get up to themselves... what would u do with all that stuff at ur fingertips.. also i wouldn't go with tomatoes too common, go with a nice rare cactus like the wax rose...

Back
Top Bottom