Golfas Hydro Auto Grow Journal - 2022

Golfas

420 Member
Hello! I've been following 420magazine for awhile but was never active, but I hope someone can help!

He's using a hydroponic system with 1 plant - Indoor.
Temp around 20º and humidity 68%
Lights are far from ideal but its been "doing its job"
Its been around 8 weeks from seed (not sure about it though)

A friend of mine is having some trouble, as you can see from the pictures... I think its related to Mg deficiencies (Ph is all over the place, sometimes 5 a few hours later, around 8. but maybe it's the ph meter?) what you guys think?
I was suggesting using bottled water with the right ph (round 6 so it can absorb mg) and avoiding nutrients ( since it could mess with the ph and I dont trust that phmeter...)

Hope someone can help

Bucket Size - 13L
Medium - Hydro Lights - (2) 50w led
Nutrients - Biobizz
Strain(s) - autoflower white widow

1658ed66-1719-4d05-9edc-189450cc3c68.jpg

b46f21d5-a325-4c04-9901-defd5560b586.jpg

thanks for the reply! distance from lights around 15 cm
not sure if its heat/light stress, since its leds with low wattage and doesnt produce that much heat( around 20º). but ill try to add more air circulation.
I will take another look to see if its russet mites, this could be the problem!
thanks!
anyway if someone as any ideas let me know so I can try!

Hello! I've been following 420magazine for awhile but was never active, but I hope someone can help!

He's using a hydroponic system with 1 plant - Indoor.
Temp around 20º and humidity 68%
Lights are far from ideal but its been "doing its job"
Its been around 8 weeks from seed (not sure about it though)

A friend of mine is having some trouble, as you can see from the pictures... I think its related to Mg deficiencies (Ph is all over the place, sometimes 5 a few hours later, around 8. but maybe it's the ph meter?) what you guys think?
Hey Golf's,

I just saw @013's tag (sorry for arriving a bit late).
Theres few things that i see right out the gate, and a few that I suspect. So lets go through it, get things sorted and hopefully her back on track! Im no pro, but there are a few we can tag in if need be.
I was suggesting using bottled water with the right ph (round 6 so it can absorb mg) and avoiding nutrients ( since it could mess with the ph and I dont trust that phmeter...)
Yup, thats a flush, and something that im going to recommend you do. Then dump it all out. Normally its not something thats needed too often, but i suspect the roots need some cleaning, and a rinse with some RO water, or bottled water will help, as a first step.
Hope someone can help

Bucket Size - 13L
Medium - Hydro Lights - (2) 50w led
Nutrients - Biobizz
What is the current PPM? Or EC?

now, is the part where i suspect a mistake has been made. I'm going to quote a previous post I made, just so that you can read it, and if you want to read that thread, the option is there.
Here's a handy write up I came across for mixing nutrients.
The order you do it in is important, not mixing properly can cause Nutrient Precipitation (the process of precipitation involves nutrients separating from the liquid solution, resulting in the formation of solids. This means that the nutrients are no longer available to the plants).

Here this might help with mixing your nutrients. Taken from a different site, don't worry if you don't use all the products listed.

taken from different website:

Order Matters!
Nutrients should be added to the water in a specific order to prevent lock-out. Silicon should be added first and given time to dissolve. Cal/Mag is second and should be added before the base nutrients. At the other end, Rapidstart, which has no impact on EC or pH should be added at the absolute end. Rapid start and H2O2 (when used) can be added after the final pH adjustment.

The Order to Mix Nutrients
Add Silicon and give solution at least one hour to dissolve
Add Cal/Mag supplement
Add Base Nutrients
First “Micro”
Second “Grow”
Third “Bloom”
Add Bloom Booster
Add Humic Acid
Add SM-90 (I now use RAW Yucca as a wetting agent instead. See our article: "Recommended Nutrient Supplements for Growing Cannabis")
Measure and adjust the pH of the solution
Add Rapid Start
Add H2O2/beneficial microbes (if needed for reservoir)
The quoted steps above are very important.
Strain(s) - autoflower white widow

1658ed66-1719-4d05-9edc-189450cc3c68.jpg

b46f21d5-a325-4c04-9901-defd5560b586.jpg

heat stress / light stress

the plant is curling her leaves to reduce surface area…..

what’s your spacing distance?

it’s either that or you’ve got hemp russet mites

in hydro ph matters big time

@Rexer can you look at this one?
Hey 013, thanks for the tag. Sorry I'm late as always lol.
And I agree completely with you're calls on what's going on, and suspect the nutrients were improperly causing precipitation.

thanks for the reply! distance from lights around 15 cm
not sure if its heat/light stress, since its leds with low wattage and doesnt produce that much heat( around 20º). but ill try to add more air circulation.
Trust us, that's heat/light stress, classic symptoms, and not uncommon either. It happens and can be easily corrected.
I will take another look to see if its russet mites, this could be the problem!
When it comes to pests, I'm clueless but 013 has done epic warfare on pests, and is amoung those I'd reach out to for advice on it
thanks!
anyway if someone as any ideas let me know so I can try!
For the lighting, can you see if you can download the "Photone" App? Either that or a cheap lux meter will serve very well for getting it dialed in.

For your nutrients, are you using cal mag supplements?
What is the reservoir temps, and can you take a picture of the roots?
Any hydroguard or root protection supplements?

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom