Gota get started sometime

I'mOne

l-Known Member
Currently have 5 cfls actually pushing 42 watts each for a total actually wattage of over 200....i need to up it another 40 or 80 thinking of putting leds around the sides. I have a walmart timer, reflectors from farms store and bulbs from hardware store. We bought 5 at 4 gallon fabric pots on Amazon, got some peat moss, perlite and earthworm castings and a ph stick meter.
I have seven or eight varieties of seeds and will be checking my water today. I want to buy more seeds, i love getting them in the mail...but probably need to invest in more lights. My room is 3 by 5 and i have one small fan.
Im thinking of starting some plants in my room then transferring outside mid april to daylight. Not sure how big they would be...if i veg for 30 days... Our daylight would be less than 11 hours at that point i could induce flowering and keep them flowering for a month or two. I plant to germinate and start them in clear starbucks cups. That so i can see the root growth before transferring. Then plant in fabric pots with perlite= peat moss =earthworm/miracle gro potting soil mix. (One third moss, one third perlite and one sixth each miracle gro and one sixth castings)
After they have been in the cloth pots i may transfer to even larger containters or raised bed.
BigSur recommended using the Ace lebanese and then re vegging them and getting second harvest in the fall.
What am i missing?

l-Known Member
Currently have 5 cfls actually pushing 42 watts each for a total actually wattage of over 200....i need to up it another 40 or 80 thinking of putting leds around the sides. I have a walmart timer, reflectors from farms store and bulbs from hardware store. We bought 5 at 4 gallon fabric pots on Amazon, got some peat moss, perlite and earthworm castings and a ph stick meter.
I have seven or eight varieties of seeds and will be checking my water today. I want to buy more seeds, i love getting them in the mail...but probably need to invest in more lights. My room is 3 by 5 and i have one small fan.
Im thinking of starting some plants in my room then transferring outside mid april to daylight. Not sure how big they would be...if i veg for 30 days... Our daylight would be less than 11 hours at that point i could induce flowering and keep them flowering for a month or two. I plant to germinate and start them in clear starbucks cups. That so i can see the root growth before transferring. Then plant in fabric pots with perlite= peat moss =earthworm/miracle gro potting soil mix. (One third moss, one third perlite and one sixth each miracle gro and one sixth castings)
After they have been in the cloth pots i may transfer to even larger containters or raised bed.
BigSur recommended using the Ace lebanese and then re vegging them and getting second harvest in the fall.
What am i missing?

Sounds like a good plan to me. i'd ad sheaths or some kind of cover over the clear cups so the roots aren't getting the light, but you can still peak at them when you want. the light you have should be good enough to veg some nice plants before going outside to flower.

Back
Top Bottom