Grafting?

Gman

So i'm finished the dishes and stuff and have nothing to do all day.Time to experiment with new ways of killing my girls.I take a few that are rooted and put the cubes in various mediums.1 gets half full of hydroton/half triplemix,another triplemix/hydroton/promix another gets straight pine mulch.Then i get this crazy idea!I have no seeds so why don't i graft some of this northern lights to the WW.so I look through the forums to get info.hmmm.
Has anybody done this successfully?Would i get a White Northern Widow?
If I don't screw it up i mean.

I've been reading about grafting. Have this wacky idea for a Lemon Lime tree... :smokin:

The examples I've read about involve trees. Would be interested to know if grafting would be successful with marijuana.

I know people who have grafted trees (one guy I know has 5 different types of apples growing off one tree), but I ahve never heard of doing it with MJ. I suppose it could be done,,, but would probably be a long, tedious, and prone to failure process... but I would be interested in seeing it done

I looked into it.so instead of tossing momma out for being to big i'm gunna try it.I'll take pics and samples(if like i say i don't screw it up)just like apple trees huh?This is gunna be fun.

Sounds like a plan G-man! Am subscribed. :smokin:

Got my wheels spinning now... Gonna brush off my gardening books. There's a thought forming...

Grafting is usually done to grow stuff that would not normally develop a good root system in the local soil.

Example: In Florida, graft an apple tree to an existing orange tree. In New York, graft the orange tree to an existing apple tree.

Okay... What if you graft MJ to a different plant? Like...could I graft the MJ to a tree outside? Who'd look up for MJ on a stroll thru the woods?

Sounds like a plan G-man! Am subscribed. :smokin:

Got my wheels spinning now... Gonna brush off my gardening books. There's a thought forming...

Grafting is usually done to grow stuff that would not normally develop a good root system in the local soil.

Example: In Florida, graft an apple tree to an existing orange tree. In New York, graft the orange tree to an existing apple tree.

Okay... What if you graft MJ to a different plant? Like...could I graft the MJ to a tree outside? Who'd look up for MJ on a stroll thru the woods?

:hmmmm: you really got my stoner mind going on that one :grinjoint::ganjamon:

Wheels are spinning! :grinjoint:

YouTubed grafting and found a vid showing Tomato grafting. The lady says, "Grafting veggies is becomming more common."

Am pretty sure grafting MJ would work!

There are hundreds of way to graft. Quite simply, A graft is the union of parts of 2 plants in such a manner that they will grow together to form 1 plant. It consists of 2 parts: the understock (the roots and stalk) and the scion (the cutting from *new* plant). The union of these 2 parts results in a new plant having the roots of one plant and the branches, leaves and flowers of the plant from which the scion was taken. Please note: the plants must be closely related.

What are the fuctional applications for MJ?

Well, I can see a couple. First, it would be nice to 'save' a girl that worked well no matter how you tried to off her! :morenutes: Quite simply, if you find a girl that is able to take much abuse (water, nutes, bugs, etc.) why not keep her roots and graft another strain that is more finiky? Second, outside, stalks get large. You could use some of the many grafting techniques (cleft grafting or even crown grafting) to make use of what would normally be discarded.

Another consideration is grafting MJ scions to a tomato understock!

Am really glad you posted G-man! Please let us know which grafting method you used! Looking forward to pics. :peace:

man,, the possibilities,,, :)

Now, keep in mind...this could just be a Sweet Haze... :grinjoint:

How's this for a practical applicaiton for grafting??

You've got a permit to grow 6 plants. Use grafting to set up a mother with several differnt strains (um, like 5) of MJ. I'm no lawyer or nutthin' but by grafting, you end up with 1 plant...technically So you could have 1 mother plant in veg producing 5 different strains to clone.

Take a cutting from each of the different strains you've grafted. Flower 1 of each and you've still only got 6 plants. :yahoo:

The time and effort makes grafting seem to me like an effort wasted just to flower the whole plant. Grafting 2 (or more) MJ plants and making the resulting plant a mother makes a whole lot more sense.

Thanx for all the interest.i started a journal and hope you all follow along .also any advise is always welcome.if i run into probs i'm sure i will need it.Oh ya I forgot to mention the graft technique i will be using. it's Cleft or Wegde graft

grafting journal has begun .plz stay tuned i 'll probably need as much help as i can get.

Will be along for the ride! :grinjoint:

Would you be kind enough to post a link to your journal here, please? Am unable to get to your Profile. Is probably the hyphen in your user name. Keep getting directed to gman vs. g-man.

Thanks! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom