Grafting?

Dude!!! thanx for the vid.Today I ran around looking for grafting tape and wax and came up empty handed.On my way home I thought to myself "gman remember 2 years ago when you went skipping through the garden all happy and shit?"Then i answered ya i broke some branches off then paniced."what did you do?"I taped em up with duct tape?"What happened?" They repaired and all was good.
buddy on that cool vid uses clothes pegs and plastic wrap.......

:scratchinghead: so when you insert the cutting and after it begins to grow, is it now crossed with the base plant? For instance take a diesel mother plant and insert a cut from a mazar mother, would that produce diesel x mazar buds? Or is that variety just growing on the base plant?

dunno .but the clone after the graft will be a cross of both?...graft,grow ,clone,grow,smoke

dunno .but the clone after the graft will be a cross of both?...graft,grow ,clone,grow,smoke

So as I understand it grafting is more like a parasite...as in the two plants genes don't mix to create any offspring. More o-e feeding off the other in exchange for energy(sun). A symbiotic relationship.

You could however graft an un-rooted female clone to a vegging male, veg for a week(?) flower and get seeds.(maybe you grew a seed and it was male and you knew somehow/someone to get a cut from(who wasn't already cloning))

:Rasta::peace:

Dude!!! thanx for the vid.Today I ran around looking for grafting tape and wax and came up empty handed.On my way home I thought to myself "gman remember 2 years ago when you went skipping through the garden all happy and shit?"Then i answered ya i broke some branches off then paniced."what did you do?"I taped em up with duct tape?"What happened?" They repaired and all was good.
buddy on that cool vid uses clothes pegs and plastic wrap.......

haha, stoner relapse.... and yeah,, clothes pegs and plastic,, brilliant.. hehe
it's that stoner ingenuity,, who would have thought of holding a graft together with a clothes pin besides a stoner.. haha

:scratchinghead: so when you insert the cutting and after it begins to grow, is it now crossed with the base plant? For instance take a diesel mother plant and insert a cut from a mazar mother, would that produce diesel x mazar buds? Or is that variety just growing on the base plant?

I don't think so, I don't think the genes are mixing,, just nutes and energy...

So as I understand it grafting is more like a parasite...as in the two plants genes don't mix to create any offspring. More o-e feeding off the other in exchange for energy(sun). A symbiotic relationship.

You could however graft an un-rooted female clone to a vegging male, veg for a week(?) flower and get seeds.(maybe you grew a seed and it was male and you knew somehow/someone to get a cut from(who wasn't already cloning))

:Rasta::peace:

the self seeding plant is a great idea,

The idea would be to take clone below the graft after sufficient healing has occurred .Hoping the genes are now mixed.Northern White Lights Widow ,Northern Whiteshark Lights anybody?Man I hope this works!

:hmmmm: IDK what that would do, if you took a clone, below the graft point,, that would be interesting...

I think being able to keep 5 strains on one mother is a neat idea as well...

Yes .that too but my mother is almost 16 months old and a new 1 or 3 are in order.prolly just 1 if the grafts take hold.

currently i have 3 .2 are in making mother stage,the widow and NL.the shark ...i'll make a new 1 ,i have it cooking now but it's only 4 weeks old.then ya 1 momma with 3 strains .i still wanna see if genes transfer after cloning.thats gunna take awhile

You guys see this video yet??

Great video! :thanks:

Such a stoner...didn't even occur to me to search MJ grafting. Nice to know that some of my theories work! :grinjoint:

How cool would it be to go into a Dispensary and get a custom plant with four strains grafted? Like, place your order and come back in two weeks and there she is!

Well, I see a lot of people on here showing an interest in grafting their weed. But why would you want to graft it with anything other than something that's gonna give you higher quality. Weed? Ok.. I probably shouldn't let my lil secret out, but I've been grafting my weed for years. I graft my clone s together. For instance, let say , I have a plant looks killa, lots of crystals , but it doesn't have a really descent smell or taste. Then I'll grab something that has killer smell killer taste and fuse themytogether when their just clones, before they have any roots at all. And keep in mind, I never take a real shit strain and fuse it with a killa one, only an idiot would do that. I could to on and on about reasons why I cross certain strains , so I won't.when I fuse these from clones, when they finally do take, and grow big , its something new all together , its not exactly the one or the other. Theres some stains that are more dominant than others , and the plant will actually take on most of its characteristics, but it will not be fhe same as before. So .. don't be an Idiot and waste your girls on childish ,senseless experiments.

If you were to graft how would it mix the two?. If you had a lemon and orange tree wouldn't the part you grafted on just keep growing and produce either lemon or orange. don't you have to cross pollinate to get the two to mix.

But i did once break a branch to the point of falling off and put it back together and held it with a twist tie and it healed up so I'm sure if you were to graft two together it would take. heres a pic of how the break looked and its still alive today over 2 months later
20131120_083658_zps60dcc7ee.jpg

From what I have read "HOPS" that go into beer making is a close relative of cannabis. I was wondering if there was any value in putting a female scion (top) onto a male base? The reason for saying that is if you grow from seed, seeds are 50/50 m/f. All the males are thrown away, just like in real life lol. So what I am saying is instead of throwing all the males out maybe they could be utilised to some degree?
I haven't grown any cannabis yet I'm waiting for the laws to change in Australia. I have however done a fair bit of grafting and it is fun to do. Another thing I could throw in here is I once did a tomato and grafted an extra 2 root sections on, thereby giving 1 plant three times the normal root ball. It grew really well I might add. Just a few more slants on the theme from an old Aussie with lots of pain.

Back
Top Bottom