Grass-o-matic Maxi gOm?

Stealyourface

So I recently decided to give autos a try after 12 years of growing proven strains safely and productively. I searched and read through each seed suppliers best auto strains and each time this is the one that caught me eye! Supposedly 100 grams in 75 days max, feminized strain, genes from critical mass x AK47 x ruderalis. Sounds great..... But when looking for any reviews from an actual grower I keep falling short. Has this strain not been around long enough to have a start to finish review?? or is it just that no one has had a good experience with it??
I also got a freebie of short stuff onyx fem auto. anyone know anything about these two???

Re: Grass-o-matic Maxi gOm?????

Keep in mind that seedbank yield estimates are best-case scenarios. That means a minimum of a 600-watt HPS per square meter and often much more. It would also (in the case of autos) more than likely mean a 20/4 light schedule. And ample container size for root growth.

And if the strain is not completely stabilized (seems like most aren't these days), if there are multiple phenotypes... You can bet that they based their estimates on the best-yielding one that they could find.

But it's all relative, lol. If you're reading descriptions of strains by the same breeder, the yield stats should at least allow you to figure out which strain (of that breeder's) typically yields more.

I appreciate your input I really do. Honestly, I know that there are going to obviously be different phenos in any of the newer breeding. And of-course the seed companies are going to rate their strain by the best pheno in their test batch. And the only way to match that number is to get just the right pheno and grow it to it's best possible potential.
What my real inquiry is: Is there anyone out here who has completed a successful Maxi gOm grow? And why is it such a little-documented strain?
I have found 2 grow journals, one by a very inexperienced grower who appearantly grew them on his mom's front door step. And another that looks to be done by a master. Needless to say the results varied vastly between the two grows and still not really any answers for the array of questions.
Also... Would it be plausible to take a Satori male's pollen and pollinate a Maxi-gOm fem and end up with a yet taller and even more quality and productive auto strain???

helo syf, a friend of mine was recently growing grass o matic, wel when i say growing, he germinated three seeds sucessfully, then from ther it pretty much went down hill the first plant was a runt grew about 15 cm tall (3 true leave sets) started to flower in less than three weeks then overnight just seemed to give up, the second again we think was a runt grew prety good for three weeks, again started to flower, then just stopped growing! third one is still alive but growing slow. he has good grow conditions, correct lighting amount watts nd lumens, perfect airflow, temp, rh, nutrients the lot, but grass o matic seems to b a tricky 1 to grow to the end. from whats been observed they dont like alot of nutrients atal, they prefer 6500k for the first week or so, they are not the easiest plant to grow. however i think the downsides from what has been observed so far would be trumped as i do believe this plant is capable of producing decent size yeilds, very quickly once al the complications have been worked out, from whats been seen if the plants wernt runts i should imagine theyd have been double the size mabi 30cm by week 3 and 60/90 by end of grow. with a flowering time of 60 days, 80 from germination, and yeilds of 500g+ m2 under a 1000w, they could potentialy give a big yeild in a small period of time.

Back
Top Bottom