Green Love Potion - by Samsara Seeds

Strain Name - Green Love Potion
From - Samsara seeds, Spain
When - 4/20
Price - $12 per seed (free with my seed purchase)
Type - Indica, Sativa 80/20 -- Black Domina X Lavender
Appearance - Color, Density, etc.
Smell - Fruity, Musky, Minty, Flinty, Peppery, Skunky, Diesel, Cat Piss
Taste - Hash and Lavender
Type of Buzz - Instantly, it's cerebral and stoney
Length of Buzz - up to 4 hours
Best Medicinal Use - Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, appetite enhancement, pain relief

Grow details.

FF soil, lightly amended, Mix of GH and AN nutes. ~800w Mix of LED with UV, IR, and HPS, with enhanced spectra.
40 day veg, 63 day flower, harvested at very few <5% amber on calyx.

Sativa Pheno physical

Shorter of the two phenos I had. She had fewer leaves, and higher pistol/calyx count. Her nugs are hard, and sound like rocks in the jar. She didn't darken as much as the Indica, meaning that her bud leaves did not turn as dark purple/black. Most of her pistols turned brown, and she has a more peppery and skunky smell than the other.

Indica Pheno physical
This was the taller and heavier yielding of the 2 phenos, but about equal if factoring size to weight. She finished about the same as well. She was the frostier of the two, but had less pistols, and was less dense than the sativa-leaner. I decided to trim her very lightly, which turned out to be the right call, as her black leaves are populated by a denser cover of frost, including lots of purple trichomes as seen in the leaf tip above.

Both plants were pretty easy to grow, although I managed to futz them up with some nute-mishap. I enjoy the smoke from this strain so much, that I will very likely grow her again.

Smoke Details

Sativa
Smokes fairly smooth on the inhale, with immediate lemon zest and diesel, and also that slight hash burn, from the THC. This one will take your breath away for a couple of seconds as the rush is immediate. While that is happening, you discover that there is a whole new party going on in your mouth. There's a slight bit of harshness on the exhale, but it is now a less sharp experience, that is laden with a quick and heavy skunk transition. This then works itself into a complex, and heady, Lavender purple taste, with lots of pepper, and spice.

Indica
Smokes full and round on the inhale, with a good dose of hash burn from the THC. Before you can exhale, your cranium knows you got a hit, as your eyeballs cross and squint, and there is a pressure in the front of your head that tells you - that a heavy indica, just kicked you in the teeth. This one exhales smoother, smokier, with a tasty combination of lavender, mint, and trailing fruit. There is still a bit of harshness on the exhale.

The high is very unique, and is more uniform through the two phenos, than is the look/tastes. You get a heavy dose of head buzz up front, where you are certainly impaired for about a half hour. It moves and peaks though - toward a general and relaxed euphoria shortly thereafter, that included a very satisfying clarity of thought. It's a very full and broad effect, lasting around 2-3 hours or more. She brings you to a relaxed plane, a good place - free from anxiety, but with still enough sativa effect. The indica side of the plant will relax your body, where tactile experiences are heightened. Nerve pain is mitigated to an acceptable degree, but it's not a knock out.

Personally, she's been great to have fun with, in and out of the BR She just makes you happy for about 3 hours, and after about a half hour or so, you can think clearly enough, if you want to. If not, just take another hit, and she's almost like a narcotic. I don't feel the need to medicate often with her, and when her effect dissipates, she acts just the way you would want her to - it's just trails away, and leaves you feeling good. She's worth the grow, great smoke.

She's got some hard hitting indica stone, and her sativa characteristics go all the way to the end, just without the anxiety and confusion of some more pointed sativas. A very nice find.

Peace, love and nugs!

1201-2.jpg
IMAG4951.jpg
IMAG4940.jpg
IMAG4839.jpg

Nice one carestaker. You forgot to mention if it lives up to its name ;-)

I can tell you that the New Blue Diesel I harvested recently, is still the best sexy time weed I've ever had. LOL! Still my no.1 smoking gear!

Nice one carestaker. You forgot to mention if it lives up to its name ;-)

I can tell you that the New Blue Diesel I harvested recently, is still the best sexy time weed I've ever had. LOL! Still my no.1 smoking
gear!

It certainly does! My current late night party starter is Spicy White Devil - she's another good one. I am seed shopping, and will look for the Blue Diesel. Which seed bank makes the strain you grew?

Best to you bro, happy harvest too! :peace::high-five:

I'm definitely going to include GLP on my shopping list as well. My next grow starting soon will be a test grow for DNA genetics. 91 Krypt. A cross between Chemdawg 91 and Capt. Krypt OG. I'm stoked about that.

NBD is a Sannies strain. I think you are going to struggle to find seeds though. Haven't spotted them anywhere recently. I think Attitude seed bank stocks Sannies gear now as well.

Good hunting brother ;-)

PS: I'm blitzed on Ak-47 now. Sheesh...strong medicine!!

Green Love Potion

I haven't given this strain a fair test, and I this morning I was in the mood for something different, so I pulled out the GLP to see how it turned out. This one molded on me, my first experience with PM, so I had to chop it at 7 weeks instead of the full 9. Even so, I got 37 grams of good bud. It's been jarred with a Boveda 62 for 33 days as of today.

I'm frankly surprised at its potency, feels like the high teens %, since I had to harvest it so early. At the time, it had very good trich production, so much that I didn't notice the PM right away in all the fuzz from the trichs. The bouquet is very rich and complex with a strong piney note as its main feature, with sweet fruity tones to soften it. Inhale has a soft fruity/floral taste coating the lemon/pine, with an odd bitter sort of pepper/onion exhale.

The initial rush is warm and full, fading quickly with a some ear zinging and a familiar indica sedation. As I keep hitting it, the buzz steps up predictably. It feels like the munchie quotient is probably on the higher end of the scale - stomach is growling now - gotta go find something to eat soon ... After six hits I'm getting a sort of licorice aftertaste, although it also seems like worchestershire or soy sauce, if any of those tastes have anything in common. I'm smoking this on top of a clean sativa buzz, so I can easily gauge the indica. It's not terribly intrusive in this hybrid - definitely a sativa dom. I wouldn't smoke this if I had strong ambitions, but it'd be good for after dinner or a weekend afternoon.

Keep in mind that these buds were only 7 weeks old. If it had gone 9-10 weeks, it'd be seriously potent, I think. I've been looking for a strain with a good clean sativa buzz and I have a lot of good hybrids already, so this one falls in the category of not a good clean sativa for me. But of the group, this one is rich in terpenes and I wish mine had gone the distance. It's one of the more enticing hybrids I've harvested.

:thumb:

DSCN51031.JPG

Thank you kindly. Feel free to check out the journal, or PM if you have questions - she's a good plant, and productive. :peace: :Namaste:

i just been sitting last 3 or 4 hrs reading thur your grow of GLP..that was a damn good job u did there bro..i been wondering about samsara seeds bc i been wanting to do that holy grail 69 outdoors..i have never grew any from samasra..i just been growing bomb,humboldts seed org,paradise,DNA and dinafem..after seeing that GLP the colors u had i might give it a try as well..ever grew the Holy grail 69 from them? and just wondering if the yeild is big like they say..thanks bud

That herb looks beautiful!

Thank you Shatter! She was a nice hybrid. After growing sativa all summer, I need some winter meds, and this strain was a nice balanced 'brid. :peace::Namaste:

i just been sitting last 3 or 4 hrs reading thur your grow of GLP..that was a damn good job u did there bro..i been wondering about samsara seeds bc i been wanting to do that holy grail 69 outdoors..i have never grew any from samasra..i just been growing bomb,humboldts seed org,paradise,DNA and dinafem..after seeing that GLP the colors u had i might give it a try as well..ever grew the Holy grail 69 from them? and just wondering if the yeild is big like they say..thanks bud

I'm flattered that you read you way through, thank you! :thanks: I've had nothing but good things to say about Samsara. My NOTM win was Spicy White Devil from Samsara. Great breeder IMO. I've got one Holy Grail, and I'm close to dropping it. Sounds like you have plenty of experience - hope yours goes well my friend! :peace::Namaste:

I'm flattered that you read you way through, thank you! :thanks: I've had nothing but good things to say about Samsara. My NOTM win was Spicy White Devil from Samsara. Great breeder IMO. I've got one Holy Grail, and I'm close to dropping it. Sounds like you have plenty of experience - hope yours goes well my friend! :peace::Namaste:[/QUOTE]

anytime bro! +rep for sure!! those are the most beautiful buds i have seen in years..its just got the most sexy colors and so frosty..awesome job!

:high-five: Her nugs are like glue, and smells like nothing else, in a very good way. :circle-of-love:

She is! Looks like 2+ weeks or so, I'll hit up your journal... How she smellin' ....hahahah!??

The smell is still quite mild so far, unless I shake the plant. Yep, about 2+ more weeks. Super frosty. I'm paranoid because I'm
thinking about mold. So far, I have not seen any signs.

glp_nug_11415_3.jpg
glp_nug_11415_2.jpg
glp_nug_11415_1.jpg

=================================
Strain Name - Samsara Green Love Potion
From - Grown from Seed
Type - Mostly Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, Unknown
Appearance - Dense dark green hazy looking nugs.
Smell - Mint, Lavender, Pepper, Lemon, Butter
Taste - Pepper, coffee, mint
Type of Buzz - Slows you down. Eye Droop, Stoned kind of feeling, Just want to sit and not move?
Length of Buzz - over 2 hours from my Vaporizer session.
Best Medicinal Use - Insomnia, relaxation, stress relief, couch lock,
Overall - This stuff will be my night time/evening/not leaving the house stash. Good smoke for those who like to feel STONED! I cant call it uplifting, or High energy. Definitely feel the indica. An Indica lover would enjoy this strain.

======================
Growing Green Love Potion
======================

==============================
Pheno - Leaning more Indica, but tall lanky, bushy plant
glp_121514_25.jpg
glp_121514_37.jpg
glp_120414_8.jpg

The Green Love Potion was an easy to grow. Does not complain much about anything. Can handle heavy nutes or light nutes.
Stays green through harvest. Smell is not too loud during flowering. Needs about 8-11 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom