Grow Journal Harlequin 1:18 Fem Using Masterblend

Apologies Buds. It's been a while. I've followed more threads than I could possibly handle lol. How's the garden coming along?

When I was using the MB I went by PPM and everything was fine. I know what you mean about it being confusing looking for info online. That's why I was sent over to this thread
:passitleft:

Emergency repair LOL. Wow, did I totally f*ck that up, also in the dresser but I still have time for that. As you can see in the second image, the plants are nicely within the black area. This is an inverted image, so everything light is shown as black.
These are 2700K bulbs.
stall3a.jpg

stall3b.jpg

I don’t really expect anything from these 2 girls any more. At least I found out before the next couple of grows.

Here you see the difference between old and new lights, the plants seem to like it. This is just a temporary thing, a “quick fix” until I have time to make a better panel. In the new panel will be 12 bulbs.
feb11_1.jpg

The way the plants are in now is not really good, I know, but this was my first grow with a lot of experimenting and I messed up several times.
I have the next setup ready for after this growth, I am already looking forward to that.
feb11_2.jpg

February 16, 2020

10 days ago I replaced the LED string that I had as light source for 4 - 2700K – 9W household bulbs, this was just a temporary quick “fix”, see image on the left. Today, 10 days later, I put in 8 bulbs of the same to give some more light.
Even though the first 4 bulbs were not “enough”, you can clearly see the positive effects in these 10 days (on the right), they have stretched much more and the leaves “hang” much less.
Don’t mind the “shape” of these 2 plants, I have tried to torture them to death with all my experiments and this is the result lol, next growth will be much better, better feeding system, scrog and better lights.
feb16.jpg

February 28, 2020

It's been a while, these 2 are doing fine under the new lights, considering what they went through in the past. The light panel is just a short fix, I am waiting for materials to make a decent panel for the new growth after this.
feb28_1.jpg

feb28_2.jpg

feb28_3.jpg

February 29, 2020

This morning I accidentally broke a branch off one of the girls while in flowering.

I’ve put the branch in water for now but don’t know what is the best to do, make a clone out of the broken branch or dry it, anybody? It has 13 mini flowers/buds on it.
And what do I do with the main stem? (first picture)
feb29_1.jpg

feb29_2.jpg

feb29_3.jpg

feb29_4.jpg

feb29_5.jpg

Ouch. Don't worry. We've all been there. Did you decide what you were going to do with it? Personally out of those 2 choices I'd go with trying to clone it. It wont be as easy as cloning a veg plant but its possible. Remove the little budlets and put her back under veg lighting and she might just clone. It'll be re-veging as well as cloning so it could be a fun little experiment

Ouch. Don't worry. We've all been there. Did you decide what you were going to do with it? Personally out of those 2 choices I'd go with trying to clone it. It wont be as easy as cloning a veg plant but its possible. Remove the little budlets and put her back under veg lighting and she might just clone. It'll be re-veging as well as cloning so it could be a fun little experiment
I might consider doing that, can I do something with the little budlets?

March 4, 2020

I’ve decided to try to make a clone of the branch that was broken off. Not sure if it will root, I have it in a glass jar as I always do. In the meantime, below is a picture of the damage from the broken off branch on the main stem. I kept it just like that and it is drying up nicely.
mar4_1.jpg

The day after the broken branch I added around 100 ppm of seaweed to the nutrients. They really seem to like it. I will defoliate the one on the left a bit more today.
mar4_2.jpg

I will have a scrog in place for the next growth.

March 9, 2020

These 2 are flowering well, given the misery that they had to go through in the past. I am adding some Tiger Bloom since a week or so. Perhaps a bit late but better late than never lol.
march9_1.jpg

march9_2.jpg

March 15, 2020

Here you see the result of adding some TIGER BLOOM after only 3 days, what was I thinking…… I did a search before to add the stuff and leave burn was mentioned but only with higher doses so I did only a 25% dose, again….what was I thinking……

I changed the nutes, also in my rotary garden as I see it coming there as well, thank god not as much as here.
What do you think, do I take off the burned leaves?
mar15_1.jpg

mar15_2.jpg

mar15_3.jpg

March 25, 2020

Took out the first plant, the other one is a bit behind so I let it go a bit more. Maybe not too much on this plant, in the other way, I almost killed these plants a few times, so I am happy with all that I get!!

After I replaced the led strings with household bulbs, long time ago, these two plants were growing under 5 household bulbs, 3000K & 5000K, 35 watt in total. I will replace the light panel for a bit bigger one for the next run and I am considering growing in soil.
mar25.jpg

March 30, 2020

Just cut the 2nd and last plant in the shower stall, crop is in the picture on the left, the picture on the right shows the crop of both plants. Considering all bad experimenting I am still happy that I got at least this lol, there were moments in the growth that I was convinced I lost both plants.

Having said that, I am extremely happy how it is going in the dresser and chest with rabbit soil and adding rabbit tea and growing with led household bulbs that I already look forward to putting the 2 developing clones in this shower stall but first the cleanup and preparing a scrog. (lol, yes I am THAT positive… :cool: )
march30.jpg

This will be almost the last post of this journal but I will put here an evaluation of all the things I tried during this growth but that will come later.

April 18, 2020

This is the (partly) QWET result of the 2 Harlequin plants from the shower stall. The jar on the left was 35 seconds in 95% alcohol and the jar on the right was using the leaves of batch 1 but now 5 minutes in the 95% alcohol. Eventually tinctures will be made of these 2. I still have the remaining leaves of the QWET in the freezer as I think I could do it a third time and make a tea or so from it.

No further follow-up, just wanted to show you color vs. time in the alcohol.
QWET.jpg

Back
Top Bottom