Grow lights

well there is a forum thats for vegging and another for flowering(budding), oh and theres one for product reviews.
But to be honest every strain is different. as an example: indicas tend to like a heavy nute regimen, where as pure sativa strains like a lighter one.

the nute companies have feeding charts on thier websites. but just remember to start light with a quarter strength then go from there.

So I should basically start light at quarter strength untill I get to the reccomended dosage or untill I get nute burn, which ever comes first right?

yeah light then work your way up, e.c meters help alot in that area, but they can get pretty expensive. sooo, if you haven't got one yet, your going to have to watch them as you up the lil ladies dosage. As long as you start light n work your way up you'll be fine. They will tell you when thier at the right amount. The up side to this is that you'll learn a whole lot not only about your strain but about nutes n plant tolerances. just remember to flush your plants and or system every couple weeks.

Thans for the info, this will really help me take care of the plants. I just put them into the new room. Its not sealed cause I have a piece of wood I need to take to home depot and I cant fit it in the honda so I am waiting for a ride to come up. But I think I'm ok for now I just have to hurry up and get it sealed to avoid bugs.

I'm going to turn them into flower in a few days now that I have the room for them, I'm just having a problem fimming them because I don't want to make a mistake. But my room is only 6 feet tall(minus reflector) so I have to do something to keep them short and bushy.

l.s.t is great, i prefer straight colas but i love to take a few of the same strain n c how they do under dif techniques. I've come to realize some strain just dont like to be messed with to much.if you think you'll have the space u should check into SCROG'n
a room like that.Thats the best thing about a lil rrom like that it will teach you how to make the most out of what you got, with what you got.

I thought about a scrog, but ive heard of small yields with scrogging and im hoping I can get close to about a P with this one. You think I can get a P out of 5 Green Cracks and 1 Headband? I'm also thinking about throwing the Blackberry into flower but im waiting for it to stretch out. It's a short plant as it is and I had some spider mite problems and shortly after it had a growth spurt and then it stopped cause it filled its pot. So I'm thinking about letting it vegg for another 2 weeks and then flowering it. I just transplanted last night and it looks like its loving the new soil. And I know that one wont get tall but I heard this one is bomb so I want to get as much out of this one as possible. I have more than enough lateral room the vertical is the problem because I just started flower and the shortest (without counting the pot) is at about 11" while the tallest is about 1'3" and I have approximately 4'6" (without counting the pot) before they will get to a maximum of 1 foot from the reflector. The good thing is that my fan keeps my reflector cool but I do have a 1k in there and I'm afraid if it gets any coser than 1 foot they will burn.

do you have pics, to get a p outa 6 plants takes space and time, not too kill your buzz, its totally possible to get a p outa 6 but thats in the right enviorment, its hard to say pics would def help out.

A p out of six is shooting high, even with supplementing Co2.The best way to maximize is keeping your canopy even, l.s.t helps this out. Between a trellis and l.s.t that will help maximize your area.A trelis is sheap and easy to hang in small places. The down side is that they eventually force you to not move your ladies. This technique is kinda a more controlled scrog. IT WORKS, I've used it in the past.

I've never heard of a trellis but room is not an issue. I have 48 square feet and a 1000 to cover 6 plants which is more than enough. I guess I am shooting a little high especially since I don't have any C02 and it's my first grow. Hopefully I can get close though... And I'm not sure if I want to LST My plants, I think they are a little too big for that now and I have them in grow bags for another 2 weeks or so till I put them into 5 gal pots. Lights are off now so I can't take any pics, but I will be taking some tonight at 11 when they cut on.

Not the first one, I've spent almost 1,000 on my setup so far and I still have like another 800-1,000 to go so that all I'll have to do is transplat, clean, water, and of course smoke. By the time I'm done my room will turn EVERYTHING on and off with all types of tymers and controllers so I just have to sit back and smoke. I'm just really broke right now, I dont even have any money to go to the clinic but in due time I wont have to go anywhere, just up to the stash and then up to the moon.

thats the idea be happy with what you got then the rest will come, FOR SURE. the first set up i put together back in the day took me 6 months to put together and buy everything. Its a great hobby, cause theres always new inovations. And post pics when you can.

Thats a long time, you just made me feel a whole lot better. I've been stressing out cause I've been slave working with this room for two months and I thought it was taking too long. I think it is going to take me another 2 months so that I can get enough cash to finish it, I should be smoking my own herb by then.

Quick question, do you have an idea how long it would take for green crack and headband to be ready to harvest. I've looked arround but I cant find an approximation of harvest time. I've heard that these two strains are clone only.

this is what i found for headband, and from what i've read about it is thats it's the original diesel.

Strain: Head Band
Flowering Period: 70-75 days
Yeild: Above average yield.
Liniage: Sour D x OG Kush x Sour D

Strain: Green Crack
Liniage:80's vintage skunk#1 crossed with a california indica

The fallowing is an exert from another site about a member who was growing it hope it help.(oh and for the record, i would go by the trich ratio(amber%/cloudy%) of how you want your high to be before pullng any plant.)

" I must say nothing compares in my grow. Green Crack is a 45 day(no shit) sativa that everyone I smoke with raves about.I was out in vancouver(iam a prarie boy) and everyone loved it out there so that to me says something.it will take a shit kickin with nuts, heat, stress I even dropped a air cooled hood and broke a plant in half and it still grew.. I dont think even round up would killl this plant. this is a kush strain for sure dont produce big buds but they are rock hard at day 35 and 10 day flush they taste earty musky and stink like nothing I can explain.I grow in promix 4 gallon pots with a.n. nutrients. three week veg then 12/12 usually produces about 2,5 oz per plant and even the bottom fluffers are great."

Thanks for the info, so hopefully this means I will have bud in a month and a half from now. I think I'mma role an eigth in a blunt and see if I can smoke it all before I pass out when I get my first harvest. I've heard of the trich. method but I'm still confused on what to use, where to buy what to use, and what to look for?

These are some PIC's of my Ladies in my buddy's cabinet, the top one with all of them is an old pic at least 2 weeks ago and the bottom ones are current ones today. I've been having some heat problems because I dont want to run my A.C all day but it seems like imma have to because its been gettin to 90 degrees. I'll post some of the other later, though there isn't much of a difference cause I couldn't transplant for a while do to a lack of space and they filled their pots.
2009-06-24_23_04_33.jpg

These are earlier pics about 2 weeks ago. The middle ones in the square pots are all Green Crack except for the one on the bottom left is Headband. The circle ones are Blackberry(bottom lt), L.A. Conf.(top lt), M.K.(top right), & Green Crack(Bottom rt)
2009-07-19_20_26_32.jpg

These two are my potential mothers, the one on the left is a MK, and the one on the right is my L.A. Confidential. The little one is a Shire that bloomed again from a rotting stem after being attacked by spider mites.

Back
Top Bottom