Grow lights

oh yeah on the trich count thing. its best to go buy a microscope at your local hydroshop ( $15 )and look at the trichs heads under it when you see the heads look cloudy that means it'll be a more uplifting high, and if you start to see more amber thats goin to give you a couchlock effect. I personally suggest 50/50 ratio.

I have 1 vegg room, 1 Flower Room, and a cabinet that I'm using to vegg my mothers till I get lights for my vegg room cause the cabinet is not mine. For some reason my G1 camera goes crazy when I try to take pics arround a 1k light, sorry for the mesesed up pics.
2009-07-19_23_15_02.jpg

These are alll Green Crack with the exception of the one on the lower left hand corner.
2009-07-19_23_13_56.jpg

they look nice and healthy.I cant remember if you mentioned what nutes you are going to use. Or are you still feeding them water? or are you feeding them lightly.
If you havent started feeding them nutes it looks like thier def ready. just remember to start light then work your way up.

I just transplanted from 1 gallon pots to 3 gallon grow bags with 50/50 Fox Farms Ocean Forest & Happy Frog Soil like a week ago and the mothers 3 Days ago, dont you think I should wait at least 10 days before adding nutes?

yeah i would, if i'm correct Fox Farm has nutes in the soil. So yeah i would wait. you got the ritght idea. Or you could flush the nutes out. I would not suggest this. Fox Farm Ocean Forest is the SHYT for sure!!

When using soil I suggest F.F Ocean Forest to EVERYONE!! I cant say enough about how thier soil make the diff in any grow.

It's done good for me till now, but I'm having a problem with one of my GC's its leaves are turning yellow with black spots in the middle pretty fast and it has alot of little leaves on the bottom that are curling up and dying. I't doesn't look like nute burn, don't see any evidence of pests so I'm thinking its having some type of deficiency. So I moved it right under the light to see if it needed more light but I'm not sure if that will solve it. If you have a chance I will post the pics some time later on today arround 7pm. I might start a journal today as well.

there are severel threads in the pest and diseases forum. theres a bunch that has picts these threads will help get somewhat of an idea of whats going on, My suggestion is that you find a couple good threads with picts and compare and make sure that its the def you think it is. Another way to help is if you have a good hydro shop that you trust ask them, in thier opinion what it is. And I'm sure it goes without having to be said that hydro shops dont like anyone to ever mention the word cannabis in the shop, Other then
that all should be good when you ask them for help. + we're all here to help.

And i'll be checkin to see if the picts are up tonight, if they are then ill let you know what i thinks going on. And I'm sure our brothers/sisters around here will post some helpful info as well.

I'm thinking I might have to flush the plants because I veggied for about a month and a half in 1 gallon square pots and then I transplanted into 3 gallon grow bags but I havent flushed them at all. But I've only added a minimal nute solution to my soil. Do you think they have a deficiency due to not flushing, or could it be because I am using distilled water? Cauase I dont think it would be pests cause I havent seen anything in days.

Chances are its a lock out due to not flushing.. I recommend flushing every few weeks. Just to make sure you get any excess salt build up.You can't really tell in soil when it comes to salt build ups, in hydro it looks like stalagmites or rock salt when it builds up.

When you flush just remember to use a 3 to 1 formula. (example 3 gallons H2O for every gallon pot u have.)

In your case your going to flush them with about 9 gallons of water or til the water run clear when it runs through the soil.

If where you live has have Good tap water, then your in luck. Have you tested you water? Or do you know if its at good levels as far as P.H or E.C, if not then thats o.k.

A cheap effective way to get water for your plants without having to lug water from the store for flushing, is to get plain tap water put it in a clean sterile bucket, place it in the sun for a few hours. This will allow the sun to cause the chlorine to evaporate. Allowing you tio feed safe water to you plants.

Oh yeah, have you got'n a chance to pick up that meter I was telling you about, if not, I suggest to go get it asap. That way you know Where you stand as far as p.h goes.

TO high or to low of a P.H can also cause either deficiencies or lockouts as well.

Hope this info helps you and anyone else reading this thread out.

Sorry about the pics, got stoned and plaid video games till I fell asleep. I'll post tonight and hopefully flush tonight also.

i just bought a 250 WATT 2700K CFL bulb for budding, along with a mogul socket . Anyone have any experience with these bulbs? any advice?

i should add that i have just the single plant now, but for future reference
how many plants could the single 250 watt 2700k cfl provide light for?

i just bought a 250 WATT 2700K CFL bulb for budding, along with a mogul socket . Anyone have any experience with these bulbs? any advice?

i should add that i have just the single plant now, but for future reference
how many plants could the single 250 watt 2700k cfl provide light for?
I've never seen a 250watt cfl before. i've seen cfl's that equal a 250 watt incandescent light but that equivilient crap doesn't matter to us growers since we don't use incandescent lights. care to show a picture and tell me where you got that 250 watter at?

I think I found what your looking at. is this it?

6222.jpg

And as far as how many plants my suggestion is a few. I wouldnt go crazy with filling up any BIG spaces, but it could grow you a few decent size babies, just not any monsters.
The thing i've learned about cfl's are they need to be confined to small spaces unless thier in a room for side lighting or just to add a little extra.I think, well actually i know thier are some cfl experts on 420. I even think theres a thread about people who grow just with cfl's.

good luck with yer grow, keep us in the loop, im trying out some led lights i found on e bay ill let you all know how they work out, just using them on seedlings and clones.
2, 12x12 inch panels of 262 led lights 50%red and 50%blue

Hello!
I want to consult with you about LED growing lights.
is this lamp will be enought for two or three plants. I will be thankfull if you say me onother decision, and any sites from whitch I can buy LED lamps.

Thank you!

Re: accutane drug interactions

Dude this is a post for MARIJUANA INFO. ONLY, why the hell would you post that. This is a 420magazine forum, not RITE AID. Who ever is looking at any post in here isn't looking for any retarded ass accutane.

i got my leds from led wholesalers on e bay, i am using them in the veg cycle blue and red spectrum, you can get just blue or just red, they put out very little heat and 90% usable light

i can't attest for L.E.D. thier definetly got potential. i've thought about using led's for vegGing but i dont have the a space or heat issue at the moment. i've done ALOT of research when it comes to l.e.d's, there are several videos via "youtube" on L.E.D grows in comparison to M.H and H.P.S.

The thing that i found to be the downside of led is that they tend to make your babies strech.
but, to help balance this out i've seen growers that i know put more blue in, then red, that is when it comes to light spectrum. This help bring down the amount of leggieness (if thats even a word) in the lil' ladies. But they are definetly the way to go or small places as well as if your having heat issues.

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL. JAH BLESS

p.s VOTE FOR ME ON PLANT OF THE MONTH..WHOO WHOO

Back
Top Bottom