Grow lights

I think I found what your looking at. is this it?

6222.jpg

And as far as how many plants my suggestion is a few. I wouldnt go crazy with filling up any BIG spaces, but it could grow you a few decent size babies, just not any monsters.
The thing i've learned about cfl's are they need to be confined to small spaces unless thier in a room for side lighting or just to add a little extra.I think, well actually i know thier are some cfl experts on 420. I even think theres a thread about people who grow just with cfl's.

Butcher, thanks for the tips. I was thinking along the same lines as far as a small confined space (3x3 about 5 feet tall). I have the whole inside covered with aluminum foil (including the ceiling which is probably 12'' above the light) do you think those reflector dealies are really that beneficial or should i stick with with just the foil up there?

hey dr.Nick,
hows it?no prob for the info just ask away. n e how. I found this thread.
This is it What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?
:nicethread:
just want to give SmokyMacPot credit on this one.(always gotta give credit where credit is due)
:thanks:
..and to answer your question reflectors work great. They will keep the light and energy focused where it should be..Your liil ladies. You should definetly Think about a scrog grow,that's if your confined. In my opinion and experience, I think that would be perfect for your grow that way the canopy stays even and you'll get the most for you light and plants..all youll need is a screen and your set.:woohoo::passitleft:

The scrog method is putting some chicken wire over your plants so that it will hold your canopy down to keep space between your lights and your plants to avoid burning them. You want to use chicken wire or something very similar because it will hold up and it will allow for light to come through to your plants. As far as I know the way you grow them is not an issue, you just need chicken wire that is big enough for your buds to poke through, but small enough for your canopy to be held down.

happygrass has got the idea right..+rep Happygrass

that grow is crazy but its the idea is that i wanted you to see..you can grow just one plant under a screen n that will work..i suggest it so that you can get the most out of your small space..on that thread inparticular the grower just kept the plants under the screen where as the technique is to weave you plant threw the screen..

whatever floats you boat on whichway you want to do it..in the PAST i've set it up for as small as 2.75x 2.75 for a friend of mine. and he yeilded a monster..i mean when he was done, i had him show me exactly what he did..god i wish i took picts back then..WOW..so trust me,its possible to get heavy yeilds that way

and he did it using soil..

fox farm, bat guano, perlite, he added a lil p.v.c pipe to the bucket so he could feed the lil ladies witha funnel..he did alot more but thats the jist of it.

I thought about feeding with a funnel and pvc, but wont that misdustribute the water arround the soil. Also I have a height issue and I was thinking about doing a scrog but I heard that you can only get arround an OZ per plant? Since you've scrogged before does it increase or decrease your yields?

the pvc was set at an slight angle capped then small holes were drilled along the pipe as well as one at the bottom of the cap so that the water would spread throughout the plant..but it was done prior to the plants placed in the soil.

scrog'n can get you big yields when done right. the link in my previous post i think its like 3 or 4 comments up is a great example..

9 plants that will at the prob produce about 25-30 oz...

in the past i've had 4 plant easly pull half a pound n a small space..it's all about lighting,nutes and pruning right when it comes to a scrog.. thats the benifit of the the wire you dont have to worry about the lower branches gettting light you just focus on the screen of green..

in a scrog is you may not get 12 inch colas, they may be smaller colas, but since the canopy is even, no small bottom growth..

I want to buy a total of three PL 55 Compact fluorescent lights (two 5,000 lumen bulbs each) to put in my vegg room. I will have 2 mothers ??? plants growing from cutting to vegg and then placed in another room for flower. My question is will I need any warm whites with these at all?

Check these out, I havent found anything better on paper this far.
High Tech Garden Supply

Research is indeed your friend! :peace:

Was going to get a couple of the 125/150w CFLs with the wing reflector to maintain my moms and clones for a couple of months, but before I bought did another search using mogul as the term and this thread popped up.

Well the light shown by HAPPY GRASS cost the same (~$70), has 2000 more lumens and the bulbs are like $14 for 2 rather than $40-$50 for the single 125w.:slide:

Glad I decided to do a bit more digging/reading before I made a purchase.

This is for sure the best thing on paper so far and is perfect for my needs.:yummy:

DD

Research is indeed your friend! :peace:

Was going to get a couple of the 125/150w CFLs with the wing reflector to maintain my moms and clones for a couple of months, but before I bought did another search using mogul as the term and this thread popped up.

Well the light shown by HAPPY GRASS cost the same (~$70), has 2000 more lumens and the bulbs are like $14 for 2 rather than $40-$50 for the single 125w.:slide:

Glad I decided to do a bit more digging/reading before I made a purchase.

This is for sure the best thing on paper so far and is perfect for my needs.:yummy:

DD

Those things are great, been using them for months now. Glad you like them I can fit 12 to 16 1 gallon pots under and they do well till I need to transplant to larger pots, but I have 3 now so I handle well. You should get one cool spectrum and 1 warm spectrum bulb so you get full spectrum in each light... just a preference.

Those things are great, been using them for months now. Glad you like them I can fit 12 to 16 1 gallon pots under and they do well till I need to transplant to larger pots, but I have 3 now so I handle well. You should get one cool spectrum and 1 warm spectrum bulb so you get full spectrum in each light... just a preference.

They are on the way right now.:cheer:

I ordered 2, both in the cool spectrum and 1 set of spare bulbs (2), of the warm spectrum. I can do full spectrum and still have 2 spare bulbs if needed.

Think they will be just what I need.:yummy:

DD

Back
Top Bottom