Grow room electrical

journybug

I am a liscensed electrician and am wondering if anyone knows if it is leagel for me to install electrical for grow rooms. I want to be 100% legal in doing this and i have all of the business liscensing that is required. I may also advertise grow room hook ups.
Thanks for the input all!

I am a liscensed electrician and am wondering if anyone knows if it is leagel for me to install electrical for grow rooms. I want to be 100% legal in doing this and i have all of the business liscensing that is required. I may also advertise grow room hook ups.
Thanks for the input all!

Intresting m8, but i wouldnt want anyone knowing about my setup unless i have a unorinigal user name and a cool avatar to hide behind lol, business might be slow but fair play for even considering it, as for it being legal to advertise electrical grow room instulations i havnt a clue but post your question in this link and you should get an answer m8 :peace, Legal Discussions

For obvious reasons it is best to know someone and get referrals, but there is nothing illegal about installing dedicated circuits in someones home or business. Especially if the work is up to code and the operation is for legal MMJ.

Hello Journeybug: I just got a call from a Colorado customer telling me that they are requiring lighting controllers to be UL listed (there are ZERO UL listed controllers -but I see PowerBox recently got ETL listing for a few models).

-So, for the panels I have built for clients that will have an inspection, I spend & charge a bit more to install the relays in their own enclosure and run the raceways from that relay enclosure to the gangboxes to be sure the panels are NEC compliant. A licenced electrician can install any pre-built panel as long as the components are listed and everything is done to code.

I am working on getting a cord-connected controller ETL certified for the smaller & home-based grows -My own enclosure with a SQ-D interior but it will be a while before I get it in production. It's been a slow couple years for electrical contractors but I think you're in the right place at the right time to do a lot of this work. Thanks, Dan

Back
Top Bottom