Grow room light problem

albertgrow123

hi,a freind of mine is thinking about putting a grow room in a attic,he is stumped on how many lights to use,or what lights,as the attic is with a pitched roof he loses height at either end and has a clearence of 3 meters in middle,he is planning of putting in 80 plants,how would he get round this,he has fllor space 20 ft,if using lights what watts must they be?????????any help would be most appreciated.

oh and.................this is for a freind;):thanks:

If I am not mistaken optimal results are reached somewhere in the 50 + watts per square foot mark.

Is the 20ft of floor space 10x10 what would the height be?, remember they like to get taller when flowering. A 1000W would cover the 10x10 area but with it producing so much heat you have to raise it up and you lose Lumens that way.

A good alternative would be a 600W with an air cooled hood and a light mover to cover the square footage and have it closer to the plants.
Sounds to me like maybe using the 3 meter section in the middle would be optimal and allow access to multiple sides of the garden so you don't have to move everyone around a lot.

Get back with exact measurements, and don't forget you will be needing to vent the room probably as it is an attic and most likely warm up there.

sorry did not get back asap(time zones),yeah the area is 20 square ft,the heighest point in the middle is 3 meters slopping to around 2ft at lowest points,how many vents would i need ,you are correct i got up there the other day and i was sweating my cock off!!!!,what would be the best way in loosing the heat with still retaining heat?????????????:thanks:;)

Lol... Heres the thing. A space that size and the amount of plants you want will need some serious lighting. Serious lighting means serious heat giving off a real nasty heat signature. Attics are not the best places for grow rooms. It would be obvious to any heat seeking helicopter that your house is different. My suggestion to you, if the attic is the only place to grow, is to start out small. You will have to vent out that hot air. Hope this helps. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom