Grow Tent Advice

22 degrees light out and 25 lights on is the ideal temperatures for growing if like you say you are in a place with that kind of heat and humidity that fucking sucks, the light on temperature is boarded line, what is you humidity readings light on and off in the tent? What light do you have? And what tent do you have? Where do you live in the fucking Amazon lol let us know as I still have a few more things to help let us know cheers.

I'm currently in the Asia where growing can get you lifetime prison or hang :D
My humid before i defoliate my plant just now ( flowering phase 4th week ) , was around 70 after defo it tone down to 60-62

Currently i'm using a 3x3 tent with 4 plants, i'm using a 600w LED

I also live in a very hot, humid climate and constantly battling temperatures and humidity, especially since my garden is in my garage. You will be okay if your temps are a little higher than say folks growing in a cool Colorado basement or a Canadian summer outdoor grow.
Wanted to share a few lessons I've learned.
1) charcoal filters are more effective at lower fan speeds. If you have to blast your tent exhaust fan full power you could have odor problems.

2) not all strains need cold weather. So you won't get to wow your friends with blue and purple buds, but remember this stuff grows natively in the tropics (Thailand, Brazil, Africa, Jamaica, etc) see if you can find a heat tolerant strain that doesn't grow too tall. I've been digging Mandala seeds and their extensive breeding and research of heat tolerant strains that can really take a beating.
If you can't beat the elements, join them!

3) Portable ACs only work if you can move hot air away from the compressor.
Hence any further than the factory provided exhaust hose and it wont cool. I had mine tied into my dryer vent for a while and thought it was broken until i added an inline fan to push the hot air further down the tube.

As previous growers commented, the AC will create WAY more heat than your light. Top priority is putting that hot air OUTSIDE. I like splitting my ac between the ambient room and grow tent which keeps both relatively under control.

You're not alone and it took me a while to figure stuff out. Like i learned that my light was amazing, but not a good fit for my situation and needed changing, etc.

I'll share pics of my setup when i get home.

Best of luck!

1) Is it okay to put c/f in both exhaust and intake ? I want to reduce my RH that's why i put for intake as well.

2) Currently , i'm breeding Northern light, GSC, and another 2 unknown seeds ( I didn't label when i was paper toweling it )
But the other 2 unknown seed is growing slow than the NL and GSC

3 ) I'm exhausting it out of my window so it's currently a'okay.

Sucks to be in a hot warm country and dreaming of cultivating mj.

I wouldn't count on the filters for dehumidifiers, actually shortens their lifespan. Filters are for odor control only. Which in your case is a MUST.
Maybe add another small one outside the tent scrubbing the air in your home.
With penalties that stiff you can never be too careful!
Fortunately northern lights isn't too smelly. Can't speak for gsc.
I would probably go with a small dehumidifier to help dry out or some damp rids or combination of both. Or run a larger household dehumidifier outside the tent in your room which should help dry everything down and you can reuse the water!
I've been eyeing Satori by Mandala seeds as a heat friendly strain with great effects and can be kept small. Some hot weather strains such as Thai want to grow tall like bamboo no matter how small you try to keep them.

I'm currently in the Asia where growing can get you lifetime prison or hang :D
My humid before i defoliate my plant just now ( flowering phase 4th week ) , was around 70 after defo it tone down to 60-62

Currently i'm using a 3x3 tent with 4 plants, i'm using a 600w LED

1) Is it okay to put c/f in both exhaust and intake ? I want to reduce my RH that's why i put for intake as well.

2) Currently , i'm breeding Northern light, GSC, and another 2 unknown seeds ( I didn't label when i was paper toweling it )
But the other 2 unknown seed is growing slow than the NL and GSC

3 ) I'm exhausting it out of my window so it's currently a'okay.

Sucks to be in a hot warm country and dreaming of cultivating mj.

it's not worth growing then. you must be insane to risk your life for a little weed lol.

As promised here's a few pics of my setup. A little tight to get it all in the picture.
I have a 10,000 btu portable AC which exhausts out of a vent hole in the garage wall. A 4" duct is placed in front of the AC register and connects to the bloom cabinet. I have a 2x3 veg/clone tent and a 2x4 bloom cabinet with a 4" inline fan pulling air from both and pushing the air through a filter. The fan creates enough negative pressure in the bloom box that it pulls cold air inside. The veg tent doesn't get any AC at the moment and is fine with warm temps. I found this method only works with LED, other lights create too much infrared heat and need an additional fan to force air inside at full power. Too many moving parts under strain for my liking.

Attachments

• 20191216_222908.jpg
    20191216_222908.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 120
  • 20191216_222842.jpg
    20191216_222842.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 133
Ok Jay you have a 3x3 tent with silver Mylar walls you could buy a white walls tent as they are supposed to run 2 degrees lower that the silver ones, I have tried both and believe this is true, next I think you would be better of having diy 2x 220 watts quantum boards in a 3x3 tent with the meanwell drivers outside the tent to reduce more heat as I believe these will run much cooler than you present light. You are definitely going to have to sort out that humidity as it’s to high you want to be 45% / 50% max or you will be running into bud rot and messing up your crop, there is a product called Canadian Express pmt this product can be used right up until harvest with no harm as a foiler spray and you can use it as a preventative before you see any signs of bud rot. As for a dehumidifier you will have to use it like the ac outside the tent as you be shifting so much air in the tent it will be worthless inside the tent you could try a y splitter one for the ac and one from the dehumidifier into one in the tent so you will be running cold low humid air into the tent you will need a 12 litre a day dehumidifier for that size tent, this setup should produce a pound of good bud so you might want to work out how much this is going to cost you with electricity as it won’t be cheap with all these things running and it might be cheaper to buy some bud for someone else and not take the risk of growing yourself with the law penalty’s of your country.
What Southerncough said you must keep the compressor cool on the ac to make it work the same with a dehumidifier depending on model also try and keep the ac and dehumidifier as close to the outside of the tent not to lose any cooling or low humid air buy a long hose run, looking at the room design move the bed and get the tent as close to the window as possible without anyone seeing it obversely I can’t think of much more you could do my man other than is there any time of the year that could be better weather conditions to grow? If so get a bigger 8x4 tent and smash one big grow to keep you going for the year in bud, I get two kilos of dried bud from a 8x4 tent that’s an oz per week with 18 left over surely you don’t smoke that much? Hope this helps mate cheers.

Back
Top Bottom