Grow time.

WorldWideWeap

Hey guys.
Before i begin firing off questions and bugging you all, ill let you in on my situation.
The area in which i will be growing is, well absolutely ideal. It's a good 10-15 min walk through woods to get to it. There is a small clearing, probally 10-20 yards square. The entire area is surronded by old barb wire on the most part of 3 sides in a large radius with this little feild begin offcentered inside a bit. We are unsure who owns the land, but have lived in the area for 10 years and only me and a friend know about it to my knowledge. Before winter kicked in full gear in the NE we had two cameras set up. During the few month period of monitoring the only thing that set them off to record, time and time again, were deer and other critters. Not a human in sight.
So we believe it is safe to say we are good. We have dirtbikes which we have been using to ride to the location and with a little simple clearing we can get a quad back there. This will help with transporting materials.
The soil which we have is from a large pile of leaves that have been decomposing for year. The soil is great, and the soil in the area is very, very nice soil.

Now to the questions.
I am curious to what you guys recomend for water cycles and plant feed. Because the area is so hidden, we are just going to set up chicken wire fencing aorund the entire thing. I am just curious to what you suggest for feeding and simple care. What do you feed your plants, stuff like that so we can get an idea of what to go out and buy.

Thanks guys, im sure ill have more Q's soon.

edit: Btw we will be growing Papaya strain and another yet to be decided strain (hopefully one with the most visual appeal, thats what sells in this area.)

Sounds like a nice spot. In the NE you might not have to worry too much about watering with all the rain that comes there.

If you really need to feed them I'd use a slow release nitrogen - like alfalfa pellets - to start the summer. Then about August I'd go with a guano or higher Phosphorus granule.

Range Danger is our resident outdoor expert. I'm sure he'll show up here soon for some excellant advice.

sounds like a good spot youve got there. start feeding after about a month after planting and start off with a diluted dose of food. the bikes or atvs will leave very visable trails to anyone that happens to wonder by. having multiple spots will increase the chances of getting a good yield out of the season. good luck

Sounds like a nice spot. In the NE you might not have to worry too much about watering with all the rain that comes there.

If you really need to feed them I'd use a slow release nitrogen - like alfalfa pellets - to start the summer. Then about August I'd go with a guano or higher Phosphorus granule.

Range Danger is our resident outdoor expert. I'm sure he'll show up here soon for some excellant advice.

Ok thanks. Yup, rain is something we rarely lack... =/
You think my local gardening store could help me choose good name brands and such?

sounds like a good spot youve got there. start feeding after about a month after planting and start off with a diluted dose of food. the bikes or atvs will leave very visable trails to anyone that happens to wonder by. having multiple spots will increase the chances of getting a good yield out of the season. good luck

Yup, we dont drive the bikes to the site due to the fact that we dont want to shred out tires. There is barbed wire all over below the leaves and shit so we ditch them about 5 minutes walking distance from this area. I plan to put the cameras back up. The friend im doing it with works for his dads private security company so it make the whole security and peace of mind issue work out easily. I may make a few more spots throughout the wooded are for fun with some bagseed and see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom