Growing 12/12 from seed autos vs photo?

spliffas

Hello,

I was very successful when first time tried 12/12 from seed with my photoperiod plants. I could easily manage their size and keep them short. I grow under 240w qb in quite tiny space and I achieved top - shelf quality bud around 1g per watt. I was using LST + Defoliation.

kk.jpg

I am also trying on autos 18/6, but they streched as hell and is hard to manage. Also, I have loads of autoflowering seeds and would like to ask ho does autos reacts to 12/12 from seed? They're doing faster or slower, what about yelds? Any suggestions?

Autos don't flower by light cycle
They flower when their genes tell em too

So not sure 12/12 would be of any benefit

Yeah, I know that, I wanna win their height, as if defol and LSTd corectly it yelds really amazing and almost with no popcorn buds. :) and I have too many auto seeds. lol :D

You "can" do a 12/12 on an auto, but it really kills the end yield. Of course typical autos need all the yield help they can get, so I would look to other ways to keep them short. Either through genetics, training, both...

Note I didn't say LST, just training. If the plant is growing well enough, you can top an auto in the 14-21 day range. On a rare few, like the ones that go almost photoperiod long, you may even be able to top a few days past that. Lots of good info in the auto flower section on this.

It's all about the DLI. Well, not all about it, but... In theory, you could give a plant as much light-energy in 12 hours as you do in 18. Sort of depends on the plant's ability to process it, of course.

Compare the leaves to solar cells. Assume two solar setups that both have identical sets of equipment. If you have long days, but not particularly intense sunlight, you end up with n amount of electricity stored in your battery bank after a day's worth of charging. A person living on the equator - where the light:dark cycle is 12:12 throughout the year - might be able to end up with the same n amount of charge in his/her battery bank after the system has been running for a day. But that only works out if the solar cells can process the "extra" light that they receive in person B's location, yeah?

The reverse is true, too - and easier to achieve, because as you drop the intensity, you don't have to worry about approaching any "maximums," lol. That's why new growers seem to be happier with junk LED grow light products when they are growing autoflowering strains. Their plants aren't receiving much light at any one time, but they're receiving it for a 50% (or more) longer period of time each day while in flower ;) .

It's all about the DLI. Well, not all about it, but... In theory, you could give a plant as much light-energy in 12 hours as you do in 18. Sort of depends on the plant's ability to process it, of course.

Compare the leaves to solar cells. Assume two solar setups that both have identical sets of equipment. If you have long days, but not particularly intense sunlight, you end up with n amount of electricity stored in your battery bank after a day's worth of charging. A person living on the equator - where the light:dark cycle is 12:12 throughout the year - might be able to end up with the same n amount of charge in his/her battery bank after the system has been running for a day. But that only works out if the solar cells can process the "extra" light that they receive in person B's location, yeah?

The reverse is true, too - and easier to achieve, because as you drop the intensity, you don't have to worry about approaching any "maximums," lol. That's why new growers seem to be happier with junk LED grow light products when they are growing autoflowering strains. Their plants aren't receiving much light at any one time, but they're receiving it for a 50% (or more) longer period of time each day while in flower ;) .

^^ Truth!

Here's a link to a pdf file that covers the above pretty well. Not a full scientific journal, but a good introduction to it all.

Heh, too scientifc for me :D so in conclusion doing autos vs photo 12/12 what would be results? Thx

Back
Top Bottom