Growing 2 plants need to know bulb style & wattage

KayMarie

I have 2 seeds i want to start growing and was wondering how much wattage and what kind of bulb to use.also any suggestions on soil type and where to place the plants? do they need to be in an inclosed area?

:yummy::thedoubletake:

have you ever grown plants before?? they are way more involved then you think, you cant just put them in the soil and see what happens. But if they are good seeds and you want to try growing then go for it, but to make the most of those seeds you need to be willing to give up time and money.

No we have never grown plants before.we found these two seeds in a sack we bought and its pretty good bud.I know im going to put out money thats why i need to know if its possible to just grow 2 plants so i can find out the wattage and conditions the plants need so i can go buy the supplies

The cheapest way to start would be 8 Compact Flourescent bulbs (Daylight ranging from 23-26 watt) They are 100w replacements. The GE ones have a blue stripe on the left side and come in a pack of two. $28 + tax @ Walmart(plus you have to have the equiptment to plug it in)

You will get better quality and have better energy efficiency if you get a 250 watt hps light and ballast. They can be found for just a bit over $120. I suggest staying away from ebay, do your research and read lots of reviews about reliability. Oh, get a squirel cage fan for exhausting hot air.
Remember that growing pot is illegal under federal law.
Be safe.

It really depends on how far you are willing to go and how much you plan to grow. If you feel that you are only going to go 2 plants at a time then maybe a single 400W HPS HID setup will do you well.

Most people use grow "6500K" fluorescents or blue Metal Halide for the grow and switch to a HPS for bloom. You can however go with the HPS for the whole grow. The plants will stretch out a bit though.

We really need to know about about the area you intend to grow in. Closet? Small room etc etc.

Thanks

everyone so far has some very helpful info.
the plants will be under our staircase which is an open area right now but can be changed if a closed area will be a better area

Given a normal stair case I would say a 400 or 600 watt max HID would be great. The higher the watt the more heat you will have to manage. If the area is wide open you may want to make some temp walls to help reflect the valuable light back in towards the light. Check into black and white poly vinyl or mylar. Plant of ventilation is need to get the heat out and get fresh air in.

I personally like using a combo ballast that does either HPS or MH. This way I can just swap the bulbs between veg and grow.

The cheapest way to start would be 8 Compact Flourescent bulbs (Daylight ranging from 23-26 watt) They are 100w replacements. The GE ones have a blue stripe on the left side and come in a pack of two. $28 + tax @ Walmart(plus you have to have the equiptment to plug it in)

8 of those bulbs for 2 plants?? is that what you mean?

Yes 8 compact fluro's is what he said. It does work but come time to flower it'll fall on its face. Not enough lumens to flower properly and you wont get bud density. I say start growing a plant inside and put it in front of a window every day and start opening the window after a while so the light doesnt get filtered by the glass. Come April, it'll already be 3-4 foot and then put it in your back yard. By October it'll be like a tree.

Back
Top Bottom