Growing in a tent/shed with no a/c or heater

ResinSaurusRex

I'm growing in a shed with a tent that doesn't have an a/c. I have a 4" inline fan that is clearing the air from the tent and sucking fresh air in through the lower rear mesh window of the tent.

The shed has a window that opens up allowing outside fresh air to enter the shed. Right now the RH in the tent is 55.1 but that is with only 1 seed popped and only enough watering to lightly moisten the soil around the seeds.

I'm concerned my RH will rise dramatically once I start watering more.

Will opening the top/side ducting vents allow some of the humidity to escape once this happens?

When the Temps start getting low, 10-20F will a space heater be sufficient to keep a 2x4x6" tent warm enough if set on low with a fan circulating the warm air? Will the outside humidity be enough with rain/snow?

These weather conditions are all new to me.

Hi Mate - problem is going to be constantly sucking in cold air, they won't appreciate that
Could you try heating the shed instead so the tent intake air is pre-warmed on a thermostat?
Once you can control temp, it's much easier to control humidity, which is less of a problem
During winter/cooler months I can seal the shed off enough that I think a decent heater with blower will keep the Temps up. I can hang plastic sheeting to keep the air in and then vent the hot air out.

I'm thinking of a heater like this.

Screenshot_20210813-161605_Chrome.jpg

Sounds like a plan - how adjustable is that heater or would you wire it up to a thermostat?
That's just an example of a type of heater. I need to check power draw, consumption, BTUs, Sq ft, min-max temps.

During winter/cooler months I can seal the shed off enough that I think a decent heater with blower will keep the Temps up. I can hang plastic sheeting to keep the air in and then vent the hot air out.

I'm thinking of a heater like this.

Screenshot_20210813-161605_Chrome.jpg
That should do the trick, insulation and vapor barrier should help with efficiency and save you some money in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom