Low humidity, oil filled radiator?

DrTentgrow

Hello i have just started a a grow in a tent inside a garage, because its in a garage i am using a 2kw oil filled radiator and i think having this on is drying the air because my RH is only around 30% do you think i should get a humidifier? they are in seedling stage at the moment, also i have a 120 liter water butt with a tank heater and air stone inside the tent and that isn't even raising the humidity. any ideas?? thanks in advance for any help.

humidifier would raise the RH for sure, but its all up to you.

my plants do fine in 30 RH , they drink a little fast, so i have to keep the nute strength a little lower, but, apart from that they're fine.

some strains react worse than others due to low RH, but. you'll be able to see that... so in my eyes, if they look good, i wouldnt worry. But, if you got a little extra cash, a humidifier will take the worries away.

I have a humidifier, with a humidity control on it that you can set to 4 positions, that way it will come on if the humidity gets too low, and will shut off it it gets to the humidity you set it at... Mine is by Essic Air and runs about 50$, serves me about right for my 2x4 tent when it is inside, once the plants grow to big to fit it, that's a different story.. :) If you do buy one, make sure you get a very large water reservoir for it, On a dry day here in Southern Cali, I can run thru about 6 gallons of water a day, lots of refilling my 2 gallon reservoir... :)

Back
Top Bottom