Growing medium switch

Sounds like plant stress to me in the short run as you are going from one growing medium to another both methods of growing in those may not mix well in the short term.

Not saying it can not be done, but may require extra veg time & some pruning to allow suitable time for the plant to recover once in a new medium.

If you want to go down that route you may well have to remove as much coco coir from the root ball as you can with out damaging the roots... sounds tricky ah, ya need to be careful & I may suggest washing it away with a hose pipe or a good shake Elvis style, now ya got to get those roots in a new pot & medium more care required.

If you pull that off ! I'd expect at least a month to settle back in this where the pruning comes into play to prevent excessive height or stretch once in flowering but we may need to allow suitable new growth to take place... I'm thinking about 2 months before putting back into 12/12 may take longer.

Just a little bit to think about !

Try it. Go to a larger container that is the key to a good result.

I up-pot and go right into flower my plants are happy to be in a larger container no stress.

If you have a few weeks before flowering even better but go to a larger container.

Back
Top Bottom