Growing short?

hellaheart

Hi! Soon-to-be 1st time grower here (ordered 60 day lemon autoflower seeds)! I'm planning to grow under my kitchen table (small Manhattan apartment here, no room!) Is it possible to grow plants so that they grow short and fat? kind of horizontal? The table is able 3 ft off the ground.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be back with so many questions.

Welcome to 420! It looks like LTS (Low Stress Training) is going to be your best friend in this case. As the name implies, it a training method where by you bend and manipulate the plant in order to get the maximum amount of light to all levels of growth thus resulting in better bud from the lower flowers which usally get the least amount of light. Here are two links with a better explanation of what you need to do:
A Brief Guide to LST
LST How to do

here are some additional links to help you also:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
Plant Abuse Chart
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial
Marijuana Grower's Handbook
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

Yes welcome to 420 bud.

As DJ said stress training is a great way to keep your plants short. Also theres a light schedule called GLR which i will post the schedule set up shortly under this post. Also you can check out my forum GLR vs 16/8-18/6 Light Schedule! about the difference between both lighting schedules which are GLR & 16/8-18/6. Good luck on your first grow :thumb:

normal_G-V-F_fit.jpg

The LST will be needed, also the lights should be as close as possible (without burning the plant), as this will also prevent stretching.

As for lighting personally with an auto I would just stick to 12/12.

Do not do any sort of stress training though as with a auto itll reduce yield almost always.

I will also suggest LST
What lights are you using? for small spaces LED and CFL bulbs are good as they can be very close to plants and if you use HPS then you should definitely get a decent ventilation going so that you can get it close to the plants without burning them.

Back
Top Bottom