Harvest Advice please!

DrGonz0

Hi All,

This is my first grow and just after some advice on when to harvest

I have read that you should harvest when around 70% of your trichs are cloudy for a more heady high and a around 5% amber trichs for a more couch lock high.

I have a 100X loupe coming in the mail but it will be around 2 weeks until it gets here.

Strain: Bagseed
Lights: 600W cooled HPS
Temp: 24-27Cel
Nutes: Lucas forumula (Modfied for soil) Previously Monstergrow
Time since 12/12: 5 weeks (3 and a bit since showing sex)

I understand the taller plant looks unhealthy. This is my first grow and I was/am still learning a lot. They were both defoliated which was probably a mistake as they now both seem to be lacking leaf surface, I know this is how plants convert light to energy. The taller lady also has fairly bad nute burn which has since been corrected (Run off = 6.0) but I fear it now lacks the leaf surface to produce big buds.

I have 2X Triple Cheese and 2X Liberty Haze about 3 weeks of being ready to flower so hoping to get these out as soon as possible, keeping in mind I will need the tent they are flowering in for drying as well.

Any guestimates on yield? I'm guessing around 2.5 ounces dried weight.

IMG_56136.JPG
IMG_56124.JPG
IMG_56104.JPG
IMG_56084.JPG
IMG_56076.JPG
IMG_56035.JPG

I am a big supporter of defoliating if done correctly. Day 21 is fine, IMO... I defoliate with much success... Not to bad for a first grow... Remember the basics are the most important...
1. Start with good product... Seed or clone
2. Temp. 70-80 F
3. RH Veg 40-70, Flower 40-50, I like to drop it to around 20-30 for the last 2 weeks before harvest to help with drying process! Helps build up the resin count...
4. PH is so important Soil 6-7 no higher than 7.0
5. Watering... Do not over/under water! Get use to lift method!
6. Nutes! Start slow with 1/2 at most and watch them respond! Build your way up to full feeding...
7. Good ventilation!

If you do the basics you will likely have a good grow!

I know it looks like nute burn but look into potassium deficiency.. the tips are burnt and curled up and you are getting a some yellowing as well. what is your ppm? I made that mistake with my last grow, I flushed thinking it was nute burn but later learned it was probably K def.

Back
Top Bottom