Harvesting COLA's early...a good thing?

Umm. Some plants tend to mature the top buds to earlier then the lower branches. In those cases, yes. Pull the big top ones, and let the next layer down get more light, hit the 50/50% mark (if that's what you're aiming for), pull those, and repeat.

Honestly I'd suggest using a microscope at 50x and hit the trichrome colors you're looking for, pull those buds, and rinse and repeat, if the next internode down isn't finished.

Anytime you cut your plant you are stressing it. It will take a couple of days to heal them after you cut. so keep in mind that by harvesting just the top colas you will be adding a couple of days to your final harvest time.

is the stress worth it if all of the middle / low buds are still fluff nugget and in cutting off the colas I am able to raise the whole plant up 2 ft closer to the light?....
I started doing this in order to have smokeable bud a few days earlier.

Is a 60% RH too wet in a flower room?
My drying rack area is also in the 60's.... should I be worried?
1.)any way of lowering humidity w/o a dehumidifier in BOTH the flwr room & drying closet?
2.) when will bud mold & powery mildew kick in? (Im in wk 7 of bloom)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT IMPUT!!!
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

45-55 % humidity is ideal temp should be 65 to 75, be best to invest in a dehumidifer

word ive been trying to go by my canna bible and it too says 45%-55%... as for the dehumidifier... I WOULD LOVE TO BUY ONE! yesterday I went to Target, Lowes, Rite-Aid... and no luck. Back in the midwest you could find these things everywhere in the winter... but now in SoCal I cant find one anywhere. looking for any ideas at this point.

I would try online and have it shipped,you should maybe get a humidifer to,I have had to run both to get the sweet spot at different times of year . hope this helped.

Thanks a bunch for sticking around 420! your and ozriks' words of wisdom strikes true... there will be a DeHumidifier ordered from online TODAY..

420 how long do you think I may have (days drying in 60%)??
Do you think that if I ran a fan on the mesh rack it would detur mold from setting in?

Any info is good info. :nicethread: :thanks:

It would help to know what type of room you are drying in?

I use a cheap(nder 25 bucks) portable extra clothes rack from walmart, cut two holes, one lower on the right side and one higher on the left(intake and exhast).. on the lower one I place a small heater/fan, that way i can adjust heat and humid as I see it needs. Also pick up a cheap temp/humid meter from walmart for like 6 bucks.. they work great. The closet it self is large enough with hanging at 3 levels to hold 12 full plants( albeit a bit cramped) and I also placed mirrors on the bottom and lined the whole thing in plastic sheeting.. this thing works great! I have a few pics in my gallery here.. - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Good luck

WORD to all the good info!!

semi- update time : as it looks right now the "harvesting cola's early" idea is not looking like it was the right way of doing it. I was a bit worried because of the High RH in all of the rooms so early harvest was in my mind. I did remove about 66% of the colas and the remaining ones look pretty FAT.
I will make a statement when all is weighed out and finished.

I PICKED UP SOME MINERALS IN A BUCKET THAT REMOVES WATER FROM THE AIR...it has a weird smell...

has anyone used a product like this? will it mess with the plants? smell?

when I get home I will be updating everything. (journal)

I now have cheese cloth so if you want to follow the HASH to BLENDER to CHEESE CLOTH, let me know

Back
Top Bottom