Harvesting, trichomes not turning amber & flush needed?

Spidermight

i have a green gelato auto i'm growing in soil, she has been flowering for a while now, she sprouted around 25 june (rqs website:

Harvest Month:
9 - 10 weeks after sprouting

i started flushing 2-3 weeks ago, feeding only water. most of the hairs have turned red and curled in, however most of the trichomes are still clear white, with very few amber ones.

in all of the plants i grew i've never had all trichomes turn cloudy or even 50% amber... but have always had very good harvests with good smoke.

most of her leaves have turned yellow now due to the lack of nutes, should i harvest?

also, i have a bunch of fems 2 weeks into flower. i did forget to do a flush tho, i feed MC every day at the max dosage. (soil)

should i do a lil flush? run water through the soil for a while to clean up the salts? or could this slow down growth?

haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary other than some yellow leaves or weird deficiencies I've always had and never gave me issues, don't care about fixing it as i've always had good harvests and the leaves affected are only fan leaves

also outdoors.

I would give them more time. Do you have any pics of the tricombes?
did my best to take pics, because it's a x40 scope you really have to move it a lot to see, because unless you flatten the weed (and break the trichomes) it's not gonna be even and under such great magnification you can only focus on a few trichomes at a time being that the sample isn't flat

idk if i'm gonna be able to take better pics than this, shame because irl the view is really clear
photo_2021-09-12_20-11-41 (2).jpg

photo_2021-09-12_20-11-41 (3).jpg

photo_2021-09-12_20-11-41.jpg

Those look like most of the tric's you find on the leaf, they are pointed with no bulbous head. Take your loop and look into the bud it's self where stamens (hairs) are.

It will look more like this:

seed 3 dried bud.jpg

Those look like most of the tric's you find on the leaf, they are pointed with no bulbous head. Take your loop and look into the bud it's self where stamens (hairs) are.

It will look more like this:

seed 3 dried bud.jpg
they do have bulbous head, just the camera didn't really capture well, but they alll do, can't really see close enough with a loop, what magnification doe yours have?

Definitely needs more time, a lot of trichromes are still clear.
pretty sure there is such things as trichomes that never turn amber, at lest mine never did in any plant, most ppl see their trichomes change as the hairs turn red, even in the fem i harvested last year i waited so long after the hairs were red but they never turned amber

Definitely needs more time, a lot of trichromes are still clear.
also, if i give them more time they will start dying. they have no nutrients and won't develop further if all the leaves are yellowing, so i'd have to start feeling again, this late... idk if it would be a good idea

they do have bulbous head, just the camera didn't really capture well, but they alll do, can't really see close enough with a loop, what magnification doe yours have?
You are there I am not. Here is a pic of the types of Trichs on Cannabis.

trichs-01.jpg

I see mostly Cystolithic Hair type.

My Microscope has a 200x mag and can blow that up in the provided software.
celestron_44308_handheld_digital_microscope_pro_1549276522_917588.jpg

You are there I am not. Here is a pic of the types of Trichs on Cannabis.

trichs-01.jpg

I see mostly Cystolithic Hair type.

My Microscope has a 200x mag and can blow that up in the provided software.
celestron_44308_handheld_digital_microscope_pro_1549276522_917588.jpg
yep, i'm seeing ones like the one to the very right and they're still almost all clear :\ and this in my previous plants too, despite flowering for rly long and alll the hairs turning red n stuff

I would still say to let them go longer. However it is up to you. :) Mine have been in flower for about 5 weeks. They are all still mostly clear. With the loop you have, it makes it hard to see a larger area. I would look into a new one so you can get a wider view. I like the big view with a pic so I can blow it up on my monitor and really see what is going on. You also do not need to pull a bud to check it. I have a setup that I can take outside and check them on the growing plant.

CheckingTrichs-01.jpg

i'd just like to find out why i was never able to get amber trichomes on my plants...
Probably because your not waiting long enough, I've got an auto right now that's 12 weeks in flower and the trichromes are just starting to get amber, most autos I grow average about 8-10 weeks in flower before amber shows. All the pistils have been red for 4-5 weeks. Never rely on the flower schedule the breeder (seller) advertises, it's alway several weeks optimistic, they want you to buy their product.

I would still say to let them go longer. However it is up to you. :) Mine have been in flower for about 5 weeks. They are all still mostly clear. With the loop you have, it makes it hard to see a larger area. I would look into a new one so you can get a wider view. I like the big view with a pic so I can blow it up on my monitor and really see what is going on. You also do not need to pull a bud to check it. I have a setup that I can take outside and check them on the growing plant.

CheckingTrichs-01.jpg
should i water with nutrients then? it's not gonna mature further like this too little nutrients left

actually - decided to chop - spider mite issue was getting out of hand as usual in flower

on my next girls i'll try to be more aggressive with the pesticides going into flower

i didn't really use any pesticides after it started flowering but i should've, the moment i stop, i get invaded

EVERY

SINGLE

FUCKING

TIME

you really can't let go with these fuckers, CHEMICAL WARFARE ALL THE WAY

imma keep using the pesticide even in flower for my girls now and see if it will make the smoke harsher

Back
Top Bottom