have 2 realy quick questions

zierf

1. i have a 5gal. DWC bubbler going right now. i always take a small cup and mix the water before i take a little ot for testing and return it when done. But why does my TDS meter always tell me more then a 100+ over where it should be on my fist check then the other 3 or 4 i do in a row are where the ppm. Should be at? 2. should u flush from vegg. To bloom nutes? and if so how long would be a good time to flush? should it be done while still in the vegg light cycle?

1. i have a 5gal. DWC bubbler going right now. i always take a small cup and mix the water before i take a little ot for testing and return it when done. But why does my TDS meter always tell me more then a 100+ over where it should be on my fist check then the other 3 or 4 i do in a row are where the ppm. Should be at? 2. should u flush from vegg. To bloom nutes? and if so how long would be a good time to flush? should it be done while still in the vegg light cycle?

I use a 60cc syringe to draw samples from my tubs. I suck it in and out three times to make sure the sample is not contaminated from any previous sampling. I then squirt a little bit into my beaker and rinse it three times with the syringe. Then I draw another sample from the tub and rinse my pH and TDS meters then get one more sample that I put in the 50ml beaker and test that. It's a pain but it's the way they taught me to do it to get my diploma in chemistry. It reduces contamination down to near zero and gives you the most accurate results as long as your meters are calibrated and along with your testing vessels ( beaker, shot-glass whatever), acclimatized with multiple rinses of the solution to be tested.

For nute change I leave them in the regular nutes for about a week after switching to 12/12 but may add a little bloom. Then I just switch the plants to a fresh, larger tub of ready flowering nutes and watch the magic.

I hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom