Have aphids in my harvest

MrChadwiz

Hi guys

so I just cut down my ak-47. Looks like it’s going to be an easy 1 pounder but I have aphids all over my branches and stems, not really on any of the bud.
I had the aphids a while back, got some lady bugs and some Neem oil and I thought I got rid of them all, boy was I wrong...
I have it hanging up in my workshop as a whole plant because I don’t want to bring it inside into my grow room to dry.
does anyone have any recommendations on any solutions?

Attachments

• F60A06BC-0286-4E7A-ADA0-BC173ED4D071.jpeg
    F60A06BC-0286-4E7A-ADA0-BC173ED4D071.jpeg
    714.2 KB · Views: 55
Hi guys

so I just cut down my ak-47. Looks like it’s going to be an easy 1 pounder but I have aphids all over my branches and stems, not really on any of the bud.
I had the aphids a while back, got some lady bugs and some Neem oil and I thought I got rid of them all, boy was I wrong...
I have it hanging up in my workshop as a whole plant because I don’t want to bring it inside into my grow room to dry.
does anyone have any recommendations on any solutions?

I forgot to say, fix the problem before it starts...all you do is mix these with water and...well, water your plants :rofl: it's actually that easy :thumb:

Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Many people wash their bud before drying. It would be great to have that info related to aphids and other reasons for bud washing and those solution recipes brought here in one magnificent aphid thread.
Some of us will be in your shoes very soon :popcorn:

Someone has done it, we just have to come across it.
Edit: search "bud washing" in the forum, there are all kinds of threads to start cobbling together a fix

Very beneficial if you have foliar sprayed anything other than water.... use 3 clean buckets first one needs to be a white bucket so you can see the garbage that comes off your produce.

Before you get scared about water & buds. It rains on outdoor plants so we know there’s no harm. Ever clean a pair of snips after trimming? - it’s freaking trich glue and does not wash off with water; solvents like grain alcohol, iso or steam are required to dissolve trichs. Your buds actually cure more evenly after washing.

So 3 clean 5 gallons buckets filled with lukewarm water
dip branches in first bucket and swirl around - don’t bang your buds on the buckets
move to second bucket - dip and swirl
move to last bucket -do it again
hang in a dark room to drip dry - after 4 hours process as normal....don’t point a fan at your fresh harvest or washed buds, keep air moving with a fan nearby but indirect airflow otherwise they will dry too rapidly, do not run dehuey nearby it will suck the moisture down too fast. It’s easy to do a rough wet trim now but whatever based on your preferences or skill level

first bucket is where cleaning ingredients can be added.
1/2 cup of lemon juice & 1/2 cup baking soda - this is how chefs wash veggies
hydrogen peroxide is used to wash off bugs. bug poop or powdery mildew it’s late and I don’t recall the mix ratio I’m taking a stab at 1 cup or 8 ounces per 5 gallons but this may be incorrect...
or plain water in all 3 buckets

Mostly I do a bud soak and hold them under water in each bucket for 3 to 5 minutes, I use big plastic clips hanging down from twine to hold the buds in place. But if I’ve sprayed Neem, Spinosad or any IPM products then I’m going to be very thorough at bud washing and probably use the baking soda & lemon juice

Very necessary if you have foliar sprayed anything other than water.... I do more of a bud soak than bud wash.... 3 clean buckets first one needs to be white so you can see the garbage that comes out

3 buckets 5 gallons each lukewarm water. the buds are dipped into water. Before you get scared about water & buds. It rains on outdoor plants so we know there’s no harm, ever clean a pair of snips after trimming - it’s freaking trich glue and does not wash off with water, solvents like grain alcohol, iso or steam are required to dissolve trichs. Buds actually cure more evenly after washing.

dip in first bucket & swirl around + don’t bang buds on the buckets
move to second bucket and swirl
move to last bucket and swirl
hang in a dark room to drip dry
after 4 hours process as normal....
don’t point a fan at your fresh harvest or washed buds, keep air moving fan nearby but indirect air otherwise they will dry too rapidly

hydrogen peroxide can be used to wash off bugs or powdery mildew.

I do a bud soak and hold them under water in each bucket for 3 to 5 minutes, I use big plastic clips on paracord to hold the buds in place. If I’ve sprayed Neem, Spinosad or any IPM products then I’m going to be very thorough at bud washing and use baking soda & lemon juice
Thanks, @013!
Some of us more impulsive growers need those ideas squashed before they begin :laughtwo:

Very necessary if you have foliar sprayed anything other than water.... I do more of a bud soak than bud wash.... 3 clean buckets first one needs to be white so you can see the garbage that comes out

Use 3 clean buckets 5 gallons each of lukewarm water. The buds are dipped into water. Before you get scared about water & buds. It rains on outdoor plants so we know there’s no harm, ever clean a pair of snips after trimming? - it’s freaking trich glue and does not wash off with water; solvents like grain alcohol, iso or steam are required to dissolve trichs. Buds actually cure more evenly after washing.

dip in first bucket & swirl around + don’t bang buds on the buckets
move to second bucket and swirl
move to last bucket and swirl
hang in a dark room to drip dry - after 4 hours process as normal....
don’t point a fan at your fresh harvest or washed buds, keep air moving with a fan nearby but indirect air otherwise they will dry too rapidly

hydrogen peroxide is reserved to wash off bugs or powdery mildew (dont recall the mix ratio)

I do a bud soak and hold them under water in each bucket for 3 to 5 minutes, I use big plastic clips on twine to hold the buds in place. If I’ve sprayed Neem, Spinosad or any IPM products then I’m going to be very thorough at bud washing and probably use the baking soda & lemon juice
well said !!!

Thanks treeibus! Thank you Konk’s

There is a ratio for the hydrogen peroxide wash, I can’t remember it and wanted to add it to my post x do you know the ratio?
Nope, haven't noted it I'm currently in denial thinking I'll beat my aphids. :rolleyes:

Oh Thank you! I had to double check., I tune into Amy but on a different thread, love her Aussie critter pics, she is great! My problem is I’ve killed the ones I can see... but I can’t see the ones I’ve killed!!! I need the digital scope I can’t get this granular with zoom or pics like her with my old analog 30/60 pocket scope. I’m not seeing hardly any flying bugs so that is good but below soil who knows? Mostly bottom watering to keep top of soil dry hopefully it will break cycle.

Nope, haven't noted it I'm currently in denial thinking I'll beat my aphids. :rolleyes:
Very beneficial if you have foliar sprayed anything other than water.... use 3 clean buckets first one needs to be a white bucket so you can see the garbage that comes off your produce.

Before you get scared about water & buds. It rains on outdoor plants so we know there’s no harm. Ever clean a pair of snips after trimming? - it’s freaking trich glue and does not wash off with water; solvents like grain alcohol, iso or steam are required to dissolve trichs. Your buds actually cure more evenly after washing.

So 3 clean 5 gallons buckets filled with lukewarm water
dip branches in first bucket and swirl around - don’t bang your buds on the buckets
move to second bucket - dip and swirl
move to last bucket -do it again
hang in a dark room to drip dry - after 4 hours process as normal....don’t point a fan at your fresh harvest or washed buds, keep air moving with a fan nearby but indirect airflow otherwise they will dry too rapidly, do not run dehuey nearby it will suck the moisture down too fast. It’s easy to do a rough wet trim now but whatever based on your preferences or skill level

hydrogen peroxide is used to wash off bugs. bug poop or powdery mildew it’s late and I don’t recall the mix ratio I’m taking a stab at 1 cup or 8 ounces per 5 gallons but this may be incorrect...

Mostly I do a bud soak and hold them under water in each bucket for 3 to 5 minutes, I use big plastic clips hanging down from twine to hold the buds in place. But if I’ve sprayed Neem, Spinosad or any IPM products then I’m going to be very thorough at bud washing and probably use the baking soda & lemon juice
thank you! I’m sure this is going to help out a ton of growers in the same position!

Oh Thank you! I had to double check., I tune into Amy but on a different thread, love her Aussie critter pics, she is great! My problem is I’ve killed the ones I can see... but I can’t see the ones I’ve killed!!! I need the digital scope I can’t get this granular with zoom or pics like her with my old analog 30/60 pocket scope. I’m not seeing hardly any flying bugs so that is good but below soil who knows? Mostly bottom watering to keep top of soil dry hopefully it will break cycle.
Ya, @Amy Gardner had those pics and think tank assembled, certainly chalked full of bug identification goodness.

Back
Top Bottom