Have I fried my seeds?

boskito

Hello to all. I started germination of 3 feminized lowryder2 x ak47 about 8 days ago. I used papertowel method and placed on a warm mat, but I think it was too warm. One of the seeds has no white or pre root coming out of it, but the other two do. One of the two seeds has a white pre root from "coast to coast" west side to east side of the seed, but the other one only has a little bit showing in the middle. I placed them in a cup with water and they sunk straight to the bottom. Are these seeds done? Is there anyway I could save any of the 3? I will upload pictures tomorrow morning since it is currently night and daylight would be much better. Any help is deeply appreciated.

Sinking at this point is OK. I germinate mine in a glass of water and can tell when they are ready cause they sink. If you put "new" seeds in water and they sink, it is usually a bad sign but a good sign after the seed is soaked and the outer shell is cracked, letting water into the seed. If the seed is cracked, and a tap root is showing, you re OK. I would transfer the seed to what ever medium you are growing in, keep it warm and moist, and under light. I would let the floater soak another day, and plant it either way and keep your fingers crossed. With the price and difficulty of getting seeds in the US, I never give up until I know that it is over.

Keep trying and Good Luck.

Thank you very much for your response. I put them back into paper towel, and I'm going to leave them for 2 days. After that, I am either going to place them in rockwool or hydroton. I hope it comes out well. I'll keep this thread updated

Yeah, it will, like the plinko game on The Price is Right. You will need some 1" rockwool cubes or some rapid rooters to get the roots started before you go into the clay balls.

Back
Top Bottom