Need Help In Germinating Royal Purple Kush

22nory

420 Member
Hi Guys

This is my 2nd time Growing, but I have trouble germinating this time.
The strain is Royal Purple Kush Auto by Emerald Triangle Seeds.

I dropped 2 seeds in a glass of distilled water for 18 hours until they sunk to the bottom of the glass.
Then I put them in wet paper towel and waited for 96 hours checked daily to make sure the paper towel doesn't dry out.
But NO tap root showed.

Afraid of the seeds become rotten, I place each of them in solo cup with soil and added 30ml of ph-ed water and cover it with plastic humidity dome and place them in dark warm place.

It has been 48 hours but they have not seemed to grow.

Questions:
1. Do you think these seeds will grow?
2. Should I place them under the LED light now or should I leave them in the dark?

Appreciate your advices

Hi Guys

This is my 2nd time Growing, but I have trouble germinating this time.
The strain is Royal Purple Kush Auto by Emerald Triangle Seeds.

I dropped 2 seeds in a glass of distilled water for 18 hours until they sunk to the bottom of the glass.
Then I put them in wet paper towel and waited for 96 hours checked daily to make sure the paper towel doesn't dry out.
But NO tap root showed.

Afraid of the seeds become rotten, I place each of them in solo cup with soil and added 30ml of ph-ed water and cover it with plastic humidity dome and place them in dark warm place.

It has been 48 hours but they have not seemed to grow.

Questions:
1. Do you think these seeds will grow?
2. Should I place them under the LED light now or should I leave them in the dark?

Appreciate your advices
Good Afternoon @22nory hope you are well my friend.
I'm sorry about your seeds.
But I think they are dead.
I soak 18 hrs max.
Then damp paper towel, not wet.
In warm dark spot.
They need air, water and warmth.
Hope you have better luck next time.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Sorry to say, they're probably not any good. It's rare they don't pop after being soaked and then paper toweled for basically 4 days. Don't think the humidity dome will do you any good, that's usually for clones, and can lead to "damping off" if they do sprout. It happens sometimes. I like my seeds to float when put in a glass of water, that way they get O2, but sometimes they sink and there's not much you can do about it. I put my pots under low level LED lights without problems for the first couple weeks.

how old were the seeds ?

if they are older it helps to scarify them - file them on a match book cover or 1000 grit wet dry. some are just stubborn. older seeds may only have enough energy to crack. sometimes the tap doesn't emerge.

soaking in a mild h202 solution will encourage them to crack as well.

Hey @22nory, sorry about your seeds. Yes, I think they are goners. I soak for 24 hrs, and then put on wet paper towel in a flat tuppeware in the dark. Lively seed will be up and going with a 1/2-inch or more root in 2 days tops. I don't think I've ever seen a root emerge after 2-3 days.

Without knowing when the seed was harvested, and how it was stored, it's really a complete unknown if they are going to produce a sprout. Some breeders will put a date on their seed packs.

Back
Top Bottom