Have I ruined my grow?

Musgand

A couple of months ago I finally got around to setting up the small grow tent I had laying around.
The tent is 90x60x160cm and I my first ever grow was going to be a SoG grow using DWC in a single 50L tub.

The SoG didn't work out as about 90% of the seedlings died and so ended up with two surviving plants.

Being as my first setup I was happy that anything grew at all so i left it to veg out. some weeks later it reached about 1/2 way to my reflector and i turned it & swapped the light for a flowering one.

2 weeks later the plant keep't growing and growing and finally stopped at the height of the reflector.
The light used was a 400w and with a bat wing type reflector. The buds started to appear and leaned into the light and they started drying out.

I thought fuck it some buds will still be good. So i just left it and trimmed the lower leaves.

Anyways I think it's time to harvest and I've noticed there are heaps of white leaves around the buds and many browned pastils.

Will they still be OK to dry and smoke?
How can I reduce the white leaves on my next grow?

The white leaves are due to light bleaching from being too close to the light source. The pistils naturally turn a red/orange/brownish color as they dry up when the calyxes mature. If the bud sites look fine, I would think that it is still quite smokable. Just be sure to trim any bleached leaves from the buds as they will add very little to the quality of your buds.

For your next grow, I would either flip to flower earlier so that they don't strech into your lights again or you can choose from a variety of training techniques, like topping, fimming, LST, Supercropping, etc. to lower the height of your plants.

For your next grow, I would either flip to flower earlier so that they don't strech into your lights again or you can choose from a variety of training techniques, like topping, fimming, LST, Supercropping, etc. to lower the height of your plants.

Thanks for the info. This weekend i'm just going to chop it down no matter what it looks like and see what I can salvage.
I'll post the results next week.

If anyone is interested I started the next grow in a larger tent, new lights, new pots from some clones of this one. First Serious Grow

Those plants in the pic's are only early flowering stage...

It looks like ya ran out of room to grow, height wise...

The top buds drying out would suggest that its to close to the lights & more likely causing a transpiration issue's looking like a near wilting due to heat also appears to be nutrient problem which i have not decide about yet !

Yeah, I second fuzzy's assessment. Looks like you got another 3 weeks to go minimum on those nugs. I personally would go ahead and supercrop anything that is closer than about 10" from the bottom of that light. Just wait until your plant needs watering (this makes the stems more pliable) and decide about what height you don't want anything to be above, then go another 3-4" below that and grab a stem and gently twist the stem back and forth between your fingers and then gently bend it back and forth between your fingers a couple times and then slowly bend the stem over until the stem kinks. The stem will then stay kinked over and the intentionally damaged area will form a little knuckle in a week or so. You need to do a little planning as to the direction of which way to kink each stem so as to evenly spread the canopy under your light. But I think that's probably your best plan of action right now, just be gentle and take your time.

Thanks for the assessment guys, them pictures were taken 2 weeks ago and i have noticed that the white hairs have started to curl and brown now.
I have decided to cut it down this tomorrow and start another grow in a larger 1mx1mx2m tent.

I tested the water yesterday and it had a very low PH so i drained it and flush it though with fresh water in prep for the cutting.

Back
Top Bottom